Jared Walsh for 3 years at $3.675M per = $11.025M

chilliards

Re: Moneyball Free Agent Signings

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 6:08 am

Jared Walsh 3 years at 3.750 = 11,250,000

teamnasty

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 6:39 am

Doesn’t the minimum raise from 3,675 M have to be 5% higher by rule?

sociophil

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 8:29 am

The dollar amounts of bids must increase by a minimum of $100,000 or 5% per year more than the previous bid, whichever is higher. The dollar bid does not have to increase if the years offered are increased.

So chilliards bid would need to be $3.86 mil x 3 Years.

oldmansmith2

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 11:53 am

With everybody having different time zones, work commitments etc. I think we should agree to let bids that are slightly incorrect be corrected and keep their time stamp. If we don't, we could have a situation like with the Walsh bidding, where chilliards doesn't check back in till later tonight corrects his bid and then we've lost 12 hours. Hopefully as we go along an incorrect bid will be pretty rare. At the least we should have some policy on incorrect bids. If chilliards doesn't check back for 24 hours, does he get Walsh at the corrected price or does teamnasty get him since he had the last legal bid?

sociophil

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 12:08 pm

With everybody having different time zones, work commitments etc. I think we should agree to let bids that are slightly incorrect be corrected and keep their time stamp. If we don't, we could have a situation like with the Walsh bidding, where chilliards doesn't check back in till later tonight corrects his bid and then we've lost 12 hours. Hopefully as we go along an incorrect bid will be pretty rare. At the least we should have some policy on incorrect bids. If chilliards doesn't check back for 24 hours, does he get Walsh at the corrected price or does teamnasty get him since he had the last legal bid?

Yes, the original timestamp stands. His intent was to beat the previous bid, and the difference between his bid and the correct offer is less that $100,000, so I will use the time stamp from his last offer. If someone else wants to beat that offer they would need to place a bid of $4.05 mil per year for three years before 6:08am tomorrow morning.

Going forward, I will automatically correct any out of compliance bids to bring them into compliance. The original time stamp will stand unless another owner makes a competing offer. This means that the original time stamp on Randy Arozarena will stand and is settled as of this post.

Please make sure that you are increasing your bids by 5% above the previous offer or $100,000, whichever is higher.

Phil
Last edited by sociophil on Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sociophil

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 12:15 pm

The Cape Bear Cubbies sign Dansby Swanson

The Cape Bear Cubbies announced the signing of Dansby Swanson to a $25 million contract for 5 years at $5 million per year. The deal makes Swanson one of the highest paid shortstops in the MBBL. Swanson will be competing with the rookie Bo Bichette for playing time. Swanson said "I'm delighted to be part of the Cubbies and look forward to helping this talented team win a championship".
Last edited by sociophil on Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teamnasty

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 12:31 pm

Phil that doesn’t work. I need to know if I’m liable to get Walsh at my current bid or if I need to up bid to 4.05 to stay in the game. Giving him an extra window squeezes me into either missing out later in a narrow time window , or forces me to bid against myself now due to the uncertainty.

If on the other hand you are saying Chill is bound by the 3.86 bid with the 24 clock starting from his bid last night, that’s fine. But he shouldn’t get 24 hours to “confirm”. It’s either valid now, or my bid is valid now

sociophil

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 12:36 pm

Section 10.08 CONTRACT MINIMUMS In order to offer a certain amount of years to a player, you must also offer a certain amount of money. The longer the contract, the more money you need to offer. These are minimums to offer, regardless if another team has made another offer. Contract minimums are intended to prevent unrealistic contract signings such as five years for $0.50 a year.

To head off this inevitable question, the contract minimums always apply to new offers. For example, if a player is offered 4 years at $3 million a year ($12 million total) and another team wants to offer 4 years they would need to offer $4 mil per year ($16 million total).

When making counter offers, be sure to pay attention to the contract minimums.

oldmansmith2

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Charlottetown Knights offer veteran reliever Andrew Miller a 1 year $500,000 contract.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat