Transaction pickup deadline???

Transaction pickup deadline???

Postby Rambow1414 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:39 pm

I understand the cut off at game 142, no problem with that except when You have a high price player go down to injury for the remainder of the season. I wasn't allowed to go get another player of his dollar value to play. And when your in a 80mill league your stuck playing a .75 - 1.3 player subing for a 7mil player......when your battling for the playoff spot with 9 games left it stinks!!!!! I wish transaction pickup would allow you to make a pickup if dropping a Injured player, all the way to the end of the season!!!
Rambow1414

Postby Jimbo123 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:25 pm

I can certainly sympathize with you. I recently finished a 70's mystery card game season where two of my key offense players went down with season ending injuries at the end of the regular season or the start of the playoffs (I can't remeber which now). I lost Cesar Cedeno (32 HR, 149 RBI) and Steve Kemp (24 HR, 106 RBI) -- the heart of my order. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. Even the guy whose team knocked me out of the playoffs in the first round commented on one of these boards that it didn't seem fair and that I got a raw deal.

With that being said, I've come to accept the fact that injuries are part of the game, just like in real life. (Of course, I wasn't nearly so reflective about this when it occurred.) And, just like in real life, most teams don't have major league caliber, superstar players sitting around in their farm system, ready to be called up when a marquee player goes down with a season ending injury. If you could pick up a superstar player at anytime because of an injury, it would detract from the realism of the game. You just have to try and get it done with the team you have.

As an aside, I've also seen the converse of this occur, where a player with an incredibly productive offensive card but an extremely high possibilty of injury goes the entire season without sustaining an injury and, in the course of doing so, puts up some highly improbable, monster stats. It's all part of the game. It's why we take chances on some injury prone players or shy away from them in the draft. The uncertainty is what makes the game fun.

The bottom line is that your season isn't over. Hang in there and do the best you can. Your team might get hot and make it into the playoffs, and once your in the playoffs anything can happen. I can promise you this: if you do end up winning it all, it will be one of the sweetest victories in your Strat-O-Matic career, one you'll look back on with pride and satisfaction.

Good luck!
Jimbo123

Postby Risden » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:00 pm

well said, jimbo.
Risden

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx