Site rebuild teaser part 10

Postby Valen » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:20 am

[quote:b16de1bf20]I play league years not ATG. A 24 team league can take weeks to fill-I usually dont want to wait.[/quote:b16de1bf20]
I created a league Sunday and waited for it to fill. Gave up on Wednesday when it only had 6 teams because I had plans and did not want to be waivering on Friday.

Kicked another league off late Friday evening, early saturday morning. Wanted it to fill on saturday so it would waiver on monday. Dropped a couple announcements in the other leagues I was involved in and then one out in the open boards. It was filled within hours.

Moral of the story? Regardless of league size gotta put in some work and do some advertising. There are enough guys out there trying to join 50 leagues a week but too busy to keep a check on what leagues are close to filling. Call one to everyone's attention though and and there are several you can count on to quickly throw a team together. Now they may be motivated by the opportunity to destroy me because they hate my guts or perhaps because they consider me a friend and want to help me out. My sense of humor either has you rolling on floor or loading your gun. Either way is fine with me as long as it gets you thinking and some dialogue going unless they are that super sniper army guy who apparently never misses. :lol: Seriously, you have a 24 team league slow to fill use your imagination and think of a clever way to advertise it. Failing that just come up with something short, sweet, and to the point and broadcast it everywhere.

You build it they will come........ but only after they know construction has begun.
Valen

Re: Site rebuild teaser part 10

Postby jfreeman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 am

I accept the offer. What league are we in? :)

[quote:b16f68c39c="bernieh"]At this point of the site rebuild, most of the front-facing functionality of the website has been built, so I'll be dumping groups of teasers at you that mostly deal with cosmetic/interface enhancements. Here's the latest.

This is a screenshot of a message in my personal email account. It pretty much speaks for itself.

[img:b16f68c39c]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/images/stratomatic/marketing/screenshot_email_notification_trade_offer.gif[/img:b16f68c39c]

This kind of stuff, long-requested by you guys, was virtually impossible before with our server setup and old tech, but will be a piece of cake on our new platform, at least conceptually. A robust, customizable system - whereby you can specify exactly which events (like trade offers, injuries, etc.) and for which individual teams, or whether you'd like to receive daily digest summaries as opposed to per-event emails - will be a project unto itself and won't be ready at switchover, but what will be ready then is what's represented by the above screenshot - email notifications for each trade offer you receive. I thought that would be a fun, easy, and useful thing to start with.[/quote:b16f68c39c] :P :P :mrgreen: :P
jfreeman

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx