What can be done???

What can be done???

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:38 pm

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team_other.html?user_id=22681

to help this team???
LANCEBOUSLEY

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:19 pm

Trade Glavine to the GREYHOUNDS... :lol:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:21 pm

I actually think my team is worse than yours AK. No pitching + No hitting = No wins. :roll:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby visick » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:17 pm

You obviously know FM, that I'm no expert...

What other parks are in your division?

IMHO-You've got a few guys that are better suited for hitting parks than Angels Stadium.
visick

Postby JdEarly » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:51 pm

You've got some relatively high priced players that would really start to kill your salary cap if you were to drop them, so I think that the moves you need to make are mainly strategic.

1. Let your boys run. Rollins, Clark, Carroll, and Gathright will steal you plenty of bases if given the opporunity. There are people on these boards that will argue that a stolen base means next to nothing in this game, but I disagree. It gets you out of a douple play situation, puts a runner in scoring position, and, let's be honest, gives you an additional statistic to feel good about. 3 steals 24 games into the season shows that you're not taking risks - last place, six games under .500, there's no better time to start.

2. I would try to deal Victor Martinez for a better defensive catcher and a reliever who can get a few people out. Maybe find the team that has Brad Ausmus and try to make a deal with them. Martinez behind the plate and Jose Mesa being the best closing option in your 'pen is a little scary to me.

Those are two moves that I would try first, and see where everything else falls into place. You can try the old "drop 'em all and pick up new guys," but I would never recommend "the dump." Try to do what you can without taking the cap hit, and if that doesn't work, I'm sure someone else will have a couple of ideas for you.
JdEarly

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx