first team, no idea what i am doing

Postby MICHAELTARBELL » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:08 pm

you do need to upgrade in lf....and davanon/bocachica platoon might be just the ticket! Would give you good lead off guy vs righty/lefty especially....
MICHAELTARBELL

Postby axemet » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:46 pm

Wilkerson is good if you want someone to hit around .200 :shock:
axemet

Postby Play By The Rules » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Grab Merloni to platoon with Haffner.

Wilkerson should be the CF on this team. Dump Cameron and Bocachica.
Play By The Rules

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:48 pm

d young is a dh only... his fielding is awful.

i would downgrade some of you relief pitchers to sub 1 mil and upgrade to someone who can help your closer out.
LANCEBOUSLEY

Postby Hakmusic » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:03 pm

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it. I am still a work in progress.

moments after I posted about Wilkerson, someone else grabbed him, doesn't seem to be any good options on the FA at the moment for CF.

any recommendations on sub $1 or close to it RPs to go for? My moderate card reading abilities tell me that all the ones I looked at are seriously flawed. I know from ATG that some are better than expected, just don't know which ones to look for.
Hakmusic

Try Yan

Postby cplake » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:03 pm

Look for Estaban Yan for a decent sub mil (0.73m) reliever. He's a reverse righty (5L) and also has a closer rating (C2). He's doing quite well for me at the moment and I'm in a hitter's park.

Good luck! :)
cplake

Postby Leo / loob » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:40 pm

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team_other.html?user_id=12670

That link is to a team that just finished in N.A.C. Finished 2 games under .500 . I think mostly because of my Bullpen. Hitting wise, I was fine, like 2nd in the league in Runs scored.

Maybe you can see a hitter or two you might like (stay away from Pujols, not enough production for his salary). Morneau is pretty awesome however. And Leone, injured almost half the time, was 3rd on my team in RBI, I think. He is nice just to have on the bench, I started him, but if he is available, might wanna look into grabbing him, espicially if there is a home run park or two in your division.
Leo / loob

Postby Leo / loob » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:52 pm

Wow! You need to get ATLEAST 1 or 2 RPers that have an R2 rating....

All those R1's will kill ya, especially in the weak pitching that the 200X games offer....

Normally, I would say Torres would be a good start, but from the link above, you can see he got lit up to a mid 4 ERA....

Also, mighta just been my division, or how I used him (not sure exactly) but Yan got lit up too....

And, also, check out Kenny Rogers, back in the day, he had a sweet voice and many #1 hits, errr, wait....

Wrong Kenny....

The pitching Kenny Rogers that I picked up late in the season did VERY WELL. Those stats of his are in 7 starts, so he averaged 5 innings a start, but to a tune (no pun intended) of 2.5 something ERA
Leo / loob

Postby Leo / loob » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:54 pm

SPer wise, Peavy and Perez are keepers, Miller has been very hit or miss for me, but is a reverse pitcher. Maybe consider downgrading Penny, who also is very hit or miss to Rogers.....

Just a thought....
Leo / loob

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx