Strat-O-Matic.com transition info/FAQ

Postby Palanion » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 pm

[quote:f1aa16d3b8="agabriel"]I guess I'll have to take diamond dope down this weekend.[/quote:f1aa16d3b8]
Why would you have to take the whole site down? So much of your site is awesome without the sporting news stuff.
Palanion

Postby ADRIANGABRIEL » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:59 pm

[quote:7dffb02c9d="Palanion"]Why would you have to take the whole site down? So much of your site is awesome without the sporting news stuff.[/quote:7dffb02c9d]
Okay, maybe it doesn't need to come down, but there will be some changes--e.g. any references to SportingNews.com will be removed.
ADRIANGABRIEL

Postby the splinter » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:15 pm

[quote:9a77b9e426]A HUGE transition like this SHOULD take precedence over a Strat marathon[/quote:9a77b9e426]

not from a public relations standpoint....this world record is getting major national press

it was the lead story in USA sports on my IPad app
the splinter

Postby Palanion » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Plus, it's not like the people involved at the marathon, from Hal to Steve Barkan to their PR director to the non-employee marathoners, have anything to do with migrating info from one platform to another, launching a new game, and redesigning a Web site.

You don't see any captions or FB posts by an IT guy at the world record event. You don't see Bernie there.
Palanion

Postby MrHacktastic » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:38 pm

grr, my lineups aren't set and my next game is the finals. Now I have no idea when that starts or if I will for sure be able to access my team in time. I wish there was notice for this shut down.
MrHacktastic

Postby Mr Baseball World » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:03 pm

If all goes well, you should be able to access your teams some time Monday afternoon. Your next game will be Tuesday night so you should have 24 hours.
Mr Baseball World

Postby Palanion » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:17 pm

[quote:e829455ee3="chris22hackett"]grr, my lineups aren't set and my next game is the finals. Now I have no idea when that starts or if I will for sure be able to access my team in time. I wish there was notice for this shut down.[/quote:e829455ee3]
we've known for a couple of months this was coming
we've known for a couple of days that this migration was happening this weekend

good luck!
Palanion

Postby tcochran » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:35 pm

[quote:3b1afa169e="bernieh"]We ran a test run of the user account transfer, and hey, it looks like you guys have been following the instructions! I eyeballed a bunch of the usernames you guys posted and every single one checked out. Great job! As long as you followed the instructions and set up a Strat-O-Matic.com account whose email address matches the one under your SportingNews.com account, you should have no problems finding your teams on Monday.

And, in the worst case, if you either didn't get the chance to get set up, or maybe you made a typo somewhere, I'll have a place where you can log in using your (old) SportingNews.com account and it'll tell you the exact Strat-O-Matic.com username and email address where your teams went to. From there you just request to have a new login link sent to that email address that you can use to gain access to the account.

Keep it up guys![/quote:3b1afa169e]

A nice transition move, Bernie. It's great to see a pro in charge of the move!
tcochran

Awful

Postby morgs » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:21 pm

This sucks and couldn't be more confusing. Emails, passwords, nothing frickin' works. Why ruin a good thing and you're gonna lose my business Strato Sporting News computer geeks.
morgs

Re: Awful

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 pm

[quote:f061f0afd9="mikemorgan44"]This sucks and couldn't be more confusing. Emails, passwords, nothing frickin' works. Why ruin a good thing and you're gonna lose my business Strato Sporting News computer geeks.[/quote:f061f0afd9]

Patience. It's a big move. By next week, we will move this online strato from the 20th century to the 21st century. This is a great move. Everything will be working fine. Just make sure you set up the SOM site account with the same email that is attached to the TSN site. No issues.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx