Strat-O-Matic.com transition updates

Postby artie4121 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:10 am

[quote:491a5e8d5b]If we have more delays with this train wreck then I am going to need to have someone talk me off the ledge![/quote:491a5e8d5b]

To me, the delays aren't as bad as substantive glitches once the site is back up and running.

At that point, same me some space on your ledge. I'll bring the beer.
artie4121

Re: No access

Postby Mr Baseball World » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:43 am

[quote:6169724355="Larryrickenbacker"]Howdy,

Mr.Baseballworld: Thank you for trying to help. Perhaps I'm at fault for not effectively communicating my predicament. Under the heading of "Your Active Teams", whenever I click on one of them, I'm simply re-directed right back to that same page. In other words: No access to my teams.

I hope this all gets worked out-assuming it's a SOM issue and not whether or not i'm using Google Chrome, etc. TSN spoiled me rotten and I'm hoping that SOM completes a successful transition soon.[/quote:6169724355]

The same thing happens to me when I try to enter one of my past teams but when it sends me back to the main page it has the line above that that says front office......your team .....your league etc. above there. What if you try instead of clicking directly on one of your teams on that first page go to the your account drop down at the top and click on "all teams". Then click on the team, it my still get you to the same welcome page but when it does it to me above where it says "Welcome to the new home of strat-o-matic online!" this appears:

Front Office Your Team Your League Inbox (0) Your Account Help Start a New Team!
Mr Baseball World

Postby Manofsteel » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:23 am

I really miss not being able to see my old teams I always like looking back and seeing what worked and what didnt
Manofsteel

Larry

Postby Badjam » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 am

Also Larry, try logging out and back in. You probably already tried that though. And I know Firefox has something called NoScript. Not sure what browser you are using but make sure that your protective settings are not limiting the things you can access on SOM pages.
Badjam

New Drop Down Menu

Postby Free Radicals » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:06 am

It would be nice to have Defense back in the menu as a choice.
Free Radicals

No Access: My protective settings maybe the culprit?

Postby Larryrickenbacker » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:31 am

Howdy,

Thanks for everyone whose tried to help with my team access issues. I'm starting to wonder if it may boil down to my computer's protective settings..
If i knew how to adjust/review them, I would. I'm ashamed to admit this, but i don't even know [i:4d16c1f9fd]how[/i:4d16c1f9fd] to do this! :oops:
Larryrickenbacker

Postby Valen » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:20 pm

On protective settings and login issues first thing I might suspect is cookies. First thing I would want to know on that is which browser you are using. From there people could make suggestions on what settings you might want to check.

A couple easy ways to test if it is protective settings is to use a different browser. For example if you are using internet explorer download and try firefox. Firefox will start with default settings. Another way to test is to try logging in from a friend's computer or work computer. Their settings will be different. A third way is if there is someone here you [b:722d5f85c1]really trust [/b:722d5f85c1]you could PM them your password and let them try logging in from their computer. If they can log in with their id but not yours then problem is probably on the SOM servers. If they can log in then problem is probably confirmed as being a setting on your computer.
Valen

Postby Phenomenal » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:25 pm

No further updates all weekend.... Prepare the world for bad news
Phenomenal

Postby nevdully's » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:34 pm

I don't think it'll be bad at all...but no updates for a couple of days this weekend still shows to me that this is them treating this/us as more like a hobby than a business....I'm wondering if SOM will give me a few teams today and let me pay for them next month some time. :roll:
nevdully's

Postby Manofsteel » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Nev I agree waiting waiting and more waiting I don't want to hear anymore you will know soon. And we are close. Most of us paid $100 and my credit card company doesn't want to hear that the payment is close. I love this game but We need something substantial at this point.
Manofsteel

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx