Strat-O-Matic.com transition updates

Thanks, Valen

Postby Larryrickenbacker » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Howdy,

Valen: Thank you for trying to help. So far I've tried most of your suggestions, already. I [i:d46197d8ec]haven't[/i:d46197d8ec] tried having someone else log in for me. I'll pursue that as a last resort, though.
Using Google Chrome hasn't helped. Deleting "Cookies" didn't do the trick. Logging out , then logging back in didn't allow me to visit my teams either; although, as I've mentioned before, I can click on them-but to no avail. Logging in on my wife's computer didn't work. Next, try I'll logging in at the public library tomorrow. I'm really embarrased to confess, but I don't know what browser I'm using, for that matter! :?
Larryrickenbacker

Postby rossarino » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm surprised after Bernie's post Friday that gameplay didn't resume Friday. My guess is there are 2 possibilities. The first is they are ready to resume gameplay so Bernie took a weekend off to regain his sanity. The second is it's FUBAR. I'm hoping it's the first. I had one credit left and used it to join a new league. The draft was delayed slightly and I never received an email it had run. Waivers and trades went off without a hitch today for what it's worth.
rossarino

Postby artie4121 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Unless I'm totally wrong, there was an update to the update late yesterday, or early today. The "Games will Resume Soon" was not the Friday update.

Or am I dreaming?
artie4121

Postby visick » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Webster's definition of [u:cb07518912]SOON[/u:cb07518912]...

1. aobsolete: at once : immediately b: without undue time lapse : before long <soon after sunrise>

2. in a prompt manner : speedily <as soon as possible> <the sooner the better> <no sooner said than done>
visick

Postby visick » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm going on a short limb here...

I'm gonna guess next monday, July 2nd, the games will start up again.
visick

Postby nevdully's » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:01 pm

I think it'll be tomorrow.
nevdully's

Postby buzz082308 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Sorry to keep you all waiting and thank you for waiting for me.
My team is ready now.
buzz082308

Postby WeatherNut » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm with Nev: I think we'll get announcement tomorrow that the games will run tomorrow night.

WN
WeatherNut

Postby rossarino » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 pm

[quote:d024225c4e="Artie412"]Unless I'm totally wrong, there was an update to the update late yesterday, or early today. The "Games will Resume Soon" was not the Friday update.

Or am I dreaming?[/quote:d024225c4e]

It's hard to keep up. Whenever I check my teams I see the Friday update at the top of the screen. I didn't see any update beyond that. Is there one?
rossarino

Postby Phenomenal » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 pm

I seen no update yesterday and this is the message still up since Friday at the top of league pages:

Update, Fri 6/22: League games are currently suspended, but are expected to resume soon. Please prepare your teams now for when they do.
We're undergoing final testing, and setting up our plans for execution, and we expect to have good news for you on that soon.

The problem with this is they tell us to get ready and have lineups set and that the start was to be soon and thereby making it sound imminent. So I have been checking in all the time not sure what to plan on so I don't want to miss anything if they are going to get it rolling any time.

Now two days go by with no communication over the weekend. Poor communication to back up this whole fiasco. I am in sales and in my business if I handled my customers this way I would be taking home smaller commission checks and that is just the cold hard truth.

To top it all off, I have spent 125.00 since the transition based on their "expected" starts. I sent them an email about 5 days ago requesting 60.00 be refunded for 3 credits I still haven't used. I have received 0 emails in response. Not even an email apologizing for the delays, they can't refund money. I GOT NOTHING BACK, no email, no money, no nothing. Now when I have a customer demanding money refunded for a product purchased, I out of pure respect, not to mention any extra concern for a customer make sure to respond promptly with a reply to at least let them know I cared, regardless what remedies are available to me at the time.

I am learning a lot about Strat-O-Matic. I read an article today about the resurgence of strategy baseball games compared to fantasy sports because of the managerial features. There are several other games on the market. Strat may be the best, maybe, but I heard the one called Dynasty Challenge, I think Fox Sports or USA Today runs it. Has anyone else heard of that or played it?

I just can't see paying more money to a company who disrespects me by not taking the common courtesy to reply to a my email regarding a refund do to dissatisfaction. I am very seriously about ready to dispute the charges.

I understand the problems, etc... I'm in sales and things go wrong, but how you clean up the mess is almost more important then not having the mess happen.
Phenomenal

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx