Strat-O-Matic.com transition updates

Postby gkhd11a » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:05 am

The lack of having a game currently running, I think they know is a very serious blow to their business model. This is a true catastrophe and I am hoping they can get the game righted and going again.

The game started as a small community of players who played primarily to have fun and post what works and doesn't work on the forums, there was not even a rating system, just tracking of the amount of championships. Every league was a frenzy at midnight eastern time and the player pool was very small and if you missed the frenzy you were in big trouble. It was a lot of fun.

If we go back to the small community again due to this failed migration, as far as I am concerned this will have been the best migration in the history of the internet.
gkhd11a

Postby oldhat2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:05 am

[quote:63e2dcc0ee="pczarnecki"]I'm going on vacation tomorrow and won't have frequent Internet access, but I fully expect to return in 10 days and find out nothing has changed. :shock:[/quote:63e2dcc0ee]

Be sure to set your lineups!
oldhat2

Postby nevdully's » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:11 am

very true....cept the frenzies went of at an undetermined time each night sometimes 3 in the a.m....and while i really like the private numbers for our winning pct in different caps, parks etc that was on our home pages...[b:ee94273181]lets keep rankings out of the new site[/b:ee94273181].
nevdully's

Postby nevdully's » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:19 am

Gotta say after crickets all weekend I thought for sure we'd see an update first thing this morning.
nevdully's

Postby gamiam » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 am

lol The Splinter only came on to complain about players complaining. Now THATS a true American I guess, wherever he comes from.
gamiam

Postby keyzick » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:44 am

Well I gotta agree with Splinter's assessment of someone who's been away 5-6 years, only to come back and complain more, even though he doesn't even play? Why on earth would someone do that?

My first reaction was that he must have some affiliation with PennantChase, since he and another happen to reference it in back to back posts.

I do remember there being a lot of pessimism and naysayers out there when Bernie announced months ago about this transition. I have to say those individuals are, so far, being proved right. I'm also not gonna sit here and bash them, but everyone has there own ways of handling things, which is fine by me. I'm just gonna sit tight, hope for the best, and ASSUME they will do the right thing for their customers once the game is fully up and functioning again.
keyzick

Postby KEVINEHLE » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:27 am

Thankfully I've been on vacation since Wednesday and haven't been paying much attention. Now that I'm back, I have returned with renewed optimism that things will start up at the end of this week (Friday night).

My prediction is Friday, June 29th.

Should we start a poll or start a wager? What night will it start?

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby Ducky » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:32 am

Not a word this morning. I sure hope Bernie is okay. With his recent health problems, and with most of us believing that Bernie is a one man show, the longer we do not hear an update, the more concerned I am for Bernie.
Ducky

Postby KEVINEHLE » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 am

[quote:d10856e636="mrmdoetkott"]Not a word this morning. I sure hope Bernie is okay. With his recent health problems, and with most of us believing that Bernie is a one man show, the longer we do not hear an update, the more concerned I am for Bernie.[/quote:d10856e636]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. My take is that he took the weekend off to sleep, spend time with family, etc. I expect him to update us late in the day. I'm optimistic that he is healthy but frustrated.....like the rest of us. 8-)

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby pikesvilleal » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 am

Today would be soon. Friday the 29th is not soon.
pikesvilleal

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx