Strat-O-Matic.com transition updates

Postby SavoySpecial » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:13 pm

[quote:7143a793a8="buzz082308"]Wonderful. My teams are set on "winning streak" mode, if you're looking for a "standard" to judge the results. :wink:[/quote:7143a793a8]

Where can I find that button? Please be real...
SavoySpecial

Postby katzenjammer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Well, you - actually all of us - have been on sort of a left-handed winning streak for 18 days or so - we haven't LOST a game in 18 days.
katzenjammer

Injuries

Postby Ducky » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:22 pm

What happens to all the injured players? All three leagues that I am in have no injuries to report. Have the injuries disappeared since our players have had over 50 days off in Strat world? :shock: :?

I sure hope the seasons don't somehow change midstream. Two of the three teams I have playing have very good years for quite a few of my players.
Ducky

What to expect

Postby oldhat2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Hot hitters will slump and slumpers get hot. (Reverse whammy effect) Consecutive scoreless inning streaks will come to an abrupt end and pitchers who's era's have been balooning will throw shutouts. The dreaded "walk off walk" will rear it's ugly head, and right when you feel like you can't take any more, your team will sweep and be "Within three games of first place"! 8-)
oldhat2

Postby KEVINEHLE » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Silver Lining:

I think most of you guys are stat freaks like me, so I'm kind of excited to see the new stats (once they are up and running). Some of the cool new stats we can view will be the Sims Fielding and Sims Misc.

The Fielding X stat tab will be very helpful and educational to new guys or guys who didn't really realize how important fielding is.

On the Sims Misc tab, extraneous stats such as GW RBIs, Inherited Runners Scoring, Run Support, and Baserunning stats are kind of cool. Even the Dice Roll totals are kind of intriguing, as we can tell which hitters and pitchers get the worst luck. :D

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby rossarino » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:46 pm

[quote:b94572ee15="ehlekev"]Silver Lining:

I think most of you guys are stat freaks like me, so I'm kind of excited to see the new stats (once they are up and running). Some of the cool new stats we can view will be the Sims Fielding and Sims Misc.

The Fielding X stat tab will be very helpful and educational to new guys or guys who didn't really realize how important fielding is.

On the Sims Misc tab, extraneous stats such as GW RBIs, Inherited Runners Scoring, Run Support, and Baserunning stats are kind of cool. Even the Dice Roll totals are kind of intriguing, as we can tell which hitters and pitchers get the worst luck. :D

Kev[/quote:b94572ee15]
I'm looking forward to this as well. Good luck to all on the re-start!
rossarino

Postby MrHacktastic » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm psyched to finish my seasons. I will base my decision on whether to give Strat-O-Matic more money based on how they rectify this whole thing.
MrHacktastic

Postby the splinter » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:20 pm

I'm with ya Kev
the splinter

Postby MrHacktastic » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:35 pm

[quote:aaf6e41ae2="ehlekev"]Silver Lining:

Kev[/quote:aaf6e41ae2]

I am very curious about the new stats as well. I am curious if the new stats will shed some new light on the game and if it will bring about any tactical changes in philosophies. What I really want to see is clutch hitting statistics. How often the clutch factor actual comes into play. I differ from most people in how I view that and I would love to see data at some point if Bernie could add it.

The stats you mentioned are all interesting. Especially tracking the improved fielding data.
MrHacktastic

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:51 pm

[quote:6083a2047b="ehlekev"]Silver Lining:

Kev[/quote:6083a2047b]

Nice Kev, half full, well done!
ROBERTLATORRE

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx