Strat-O-Matic.com transition info/FAQ

Postby KEVINEHLE » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:50 pm

I would imagine the outcry and complaining would have been minimized had this changeover happened in December instead of the height of baseball season.
I'm sure there is a rational explanation why the change had to happen in June. That was my only puzzling question I had.

In the meantime, the new site already has some fun new additions (boxscores are much better, more stats, more info on the roster screens, the entire schedule on one screen, the run differential listed on the standings, etc. etc. etc.).

Good stuff.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby Hack Wilson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Interesting observation. Perhaps we are the proverbial idle young males with overflowing testosterone -- the kind that old men enlist to fight wars in faraway lands. Once, the SOM game used to take care of our need for thrills -- now we are sadly bereft of our casual entertainment, at least for now. :cry:

What will we turn to? Shagging girls? Cultivating a craft beer habit? Actually playing baseball?

Authentic experiences?
Hack Wilson

Postby keyzick » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Well put Valen! :D
keyzick

Postby KEVINEHLE » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 pm

What will we turn to? Shagging girls? Cultivating a craft beer habit? Actually playing baseball?

Authentic experiences?[/quote]

Now that's just crazy talk!! (except the shagging girls and beer habit). 8-)
KEVINEHLE

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:57 pm

None of us know the business relationship that has existed between Strat and TSN(nor are we entitled to). My guess is that when this started noone thought people would get the number of teams thay have. I think the expectation was that people would try a few teams, hopefully like strat and then go get the products from strat where they could play thousands and thousands of games for a $100 instead of 5 teams for $100. I would not be so fast to throw SOM under the bus here. Much more speculation later........don't lose sleep waiting for it.....I am sure it will be made into a movie someday. :lol:

Let Bernie focus on the priorities regarding the game rather than try to justify how we got to where we are now. We can chatter about this by all means but expecting Bernie to justify anything before today now is taking time away from more important matters and not what any of us want right now.

Nev: When you explained to the manager why you can't carry every various shoe size/color/style did she ask if maybe you were not the right guy for the job? If she had, would you take away from that the satisfaction that in fact you might be the right guy for the job?
Mr Baseball World

Postby KEVINEHLE » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:58 pm

[quote:de14338dc3="BergRad"][quote:de14338dc3="ehlekev"]I agree about the complaining. However, Nevdully gets a "complain" pass as he is towards the top in Total Teams over the years. He has had hundreds upon hundreds of teams and poured in perhaps thousands of dollars for this game.

Nevdully can say what he wants. You guys with one, two, or three stars......shhhhhhhh

Kev[/quote:de14338dc3]

Kev.

Wasn't aware that there is a class society on this forum.[/quote:de14338dc3]

No, not a "class society". It's an investment society. The guy who has spent in the neighborhood of $15,000 on the game should get more latitude than the guy who just bought his first team a month ago.
I figured I spent about $6000 on this game the last 11 years, but will not complain about a few missing cosmetic features. In fact, I remember when the game came out.......the price was still the same, but the game was just a shadow of the current product. I remember it being DOS-based. OK...maybe I'm mistaken. :wink:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby motherscratcher » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:11 pm

I think everyone just needs to slow down and take a deep breath as we realize how lucky we all truly are that spiders can't fly.
motherscratcher

Postby nevdully's » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:20 pm

[quote:b788189168]Nev: When you explained to the manager why you can't carry every various shoe size/color/style did she ask if maybe you were not the right guy for the job? If she had, would you take away from that the satisfaction that in fact you might be the right guy for the job? [/quote:b788189168]

Yup...and she's asked plenty....for better or worse I can live with my track record and if Bernie can too than good for him....As for how Bernie feels when I raise the very valid question...I'm not Bernie's keeper...

Leagues whose Waivers deadlines were scheduled for today at 5pm ET have had them postponed until tomorrow (Friday) at 5pm ET.
We've received requests to do so, and also we want to get this right. We apologize, and thank you for your patience.

Just like now 5:00 waivers were just pushed back at the last minute......Ask satrye who took off work early feels about that...As a matter of fact there are about a dozen people pissed right now asking about this last minute decision...Bernie says some asked for it? I guess whoever asks are more valued customers..Also Bernie says he wants to get it "right" leading me to believe it's not right, yet....He might be a great IT guy but he's a customer service nightmare
nevdully's

Postby STEVEJENSEN » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:40 pm

wow, i actually took the day off to watch the u.s. open, do some personal stuff AND be in front of my computer right at 4:00 CST for the waivers "Big Launch" I used 1 credit to enter the Barnstorming Tour. I'm sure glad I didn't blow $100 on a 5 pack for the rest of the tour. I will be waiting quite awhile before I invest anymore money. I have 1 credit left so that may have to do for awhile. That was lame. Very last minute and very unprofessional. I'm trying to remain optimistic but it's becoming difficult.... and really, whats going to change in 24 hours? i'm guessing it will probably get pushed to next Monday
STEVEJENSEN

Postby Hack Wilson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Next likely announcement -- games won't run on Friday.

Guaranteed.
Hack Wilson

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx