Strat-O-Matic.com transition info/FAQ

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:54 pm

[quote:7458e73745="hack wilson"]Next likely announcement -- games won't run on Friday.

Guaranteed.[/quote:7458e73745]

Guaranteed to be likely? What is next: definitely might not happen or Living death spiral?
Mr Baseball World

Postby Hack Wilson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Or, definite maybe. 8-)
Hack Wilson

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Glad I ran into you.....for some reason Vegas :? won't let me bet that the Thunder definitely might win?
Mr Baseball World

Postby Hack Wilson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Ditto!

Actually, all this chaos may be an extremely positive development in the end. Any state of mind, including the emotions, is a workable situation, a reminder how to cope with unfolding and fluid situations. Chaotic situations must not be rejected. Nor should we regard them as regressive, as a return to confusion. We must respect whatever happens in our state of mind. Chaos should be regarded as extremely good news, whether playing STRAT or dealing with in-laws or chasing tail.
Hack Wilson

Postby tcochran » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks for all of your efforts, Bernie -- and keep up the good work!

I expect the biggest issue in this chat thread is that most of your customers are very detail-oriented with personalities that occasionally border on obsessive-compulsive.

The little details are what keep us coming back to the game -- and they're also what we're likely to complain about forever... :D
tcochran

Postby Hack Wilson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Yes, it's hard to play the dice version of SOM in a straightjacket.

That's why this online version works so well -- I can sit in front of my computer in my padded room with my straightjacket on to keep my arms from flailing dangerously, and just watch my morning box scores come in.

Ah, a brilliant game! :shock:
Hack Wilson

Postby Salty » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Okay-

I deleted my other post having read Bernies response here.

BUT-
heres my issue;
Bernie, why are we rushing everything?

Why not just shut things down for a whole week so we can get things right?
People wouldnt have as much of a gripe if you just said, it will be down for one week-
its the constant back and forth that is causing the issue I think.

ALSO- bad idea to take the forum links down- they could have been up on the old TSN page- where newbies would not be going- that reasoning just doesnt make sense.

and mostly, Im trying to understand why SoM didnt just hire some help on the front end of the transition?
Salty

Postby Valen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:10 pm

[quote:152a361bc3]Nev: When you explained to the manager why you can't carry every various shoe size/color/style [/quote:152a361bc3]
Nev is in shoes? There was this "earth shoe" style back when I was in college I loved. Have not seen it in stores in years. I am going to blame Nev. :lol:

I suspect the rush and schedule of things is being driven by higher ups at Strat, not Bernie but no way he is going to be dumb enough to criticize those who pay him and decide if he has a job. :wink:

I suspect the decision to take the links down from the old TSN page was made by TSN. I doubt Bernie has any control over that site content now. Also suspect there are contractual stipulations preventing him from any kind of criticism toward TSN.
Valen

Postby Salty » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:22 pm

V-

Your supposition might be 100% correct-
I really dont know the answer to any of that- but I dont think so, because the forums are still up.

I dont know who to blame- Im only saying- IF SoM is indeed committed here, why didnt they just hire someone- even a temporary IT person that could be helping even now?
Ive written at least 3 emails- that havent gotten a response.
Im sure there are hunderds of em being written- how do we know they were recieved?
Im asking because email could be glitched too.
Salty

Postby Manofsteel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 pm

I hope they update the cards especially with the pitchers card, it's hard not seeing if they are * or not.
Manofsteel

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx