Strat-O-Matic.com transition info/FAQ

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:07 am

[b:e7e6551ba5]ehlekev[/b:e7e6551ba5]- I agree with you that long-time customers deserve some latitude and maybe to be heard a little louder than newbies both because of the money spent and greater knowledge but telling those with one or two stars to shush did sound snobbish. They still deserve to be heard. Probably was not your intention but comments like this [quote:e7e6551ba5]Nevdully can say what he wants. You guys with one, two, or three stars......shhhhhhhh
[/quote:e7e6551ba5] are a good way to drive away new players. I have seen a lot of your posts and know you are usually not an agitator but that comment was a bit over the top, at least to me.[/quote]

Actually, I really was just joking. Snobby...is something I am not. Just ask my maids, butlers, pool cleaners, and stable workers. They'll tell ya'! :wink:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:39 am

The little I know Kev he's a good guy and I thought he was just joking too.

I don't want any special privileges, the game and Bernie have been good to me.
nevdully's

Updates

Postby bernieh » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I won't be here on the boards much for now, as I need to have my full concentration on running the games tonight. I'll be monitoring the onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com inbox, though, so if you need to bring something to my attention, please send it there.

I'll also be continuing to edit the [url=http://somonline.wikia.com/wiki/Welcome_to_Strat-O-Matic_Online%27s_New_Home_at_Strat-O-Matic.com!]"Welcome" wiki page[/url] with issues I'm both aware of that are open, and that I've resolved, so please check there if you're wondering about the status of something.

To the mines!
bernieh

Strat Wiki Page

Postby STEVEJENSEN » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:35 pm

I really like the new Strat Wiki page that Bernie has set up on the new site. I started driving to out of state Strat tournaments back when I was in college (20+ years ago) I havent actually read all the Strat rules since then, I've just gone off of memory. That was fun to read through all the charts!
STEVEJENSEN

Postby buzzards1 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:18 pm

[quote:d45e1c8b73="bernieh"]Yes, deep breath everybody.

Here's the thing. I'm going to need you all to just bear with me for a bit. Here's why.

Everything comes to down to one thing. I'm only one guy. It's absolutely crazy that for all these years, I've been basically the only guy who does all the programming, game design, graphic design, monitoring, 24/7/365 on-call emergency coverage, customer service, community representation, everything. One guy can't expect to excel at every single one of these areas, and while I don't pretend I do, I think I do an admirable job at least trying. I feel like my detractors don't give me enough credit for the intense passion and work ethic I have for this job, and for the herculean challenge that I've been trying to handle all these years. I've practically destroyed my personal and family life - not to mention my health - only to be called an incompetent slacker by Petrosian, and the wrong man for the job by Nev.

Yes, there's bugs. Yes, there's confusion. But [i:d45e1c8b73]everything has a reason,[/i:d45e1c8b73] and whether or not you feel like I deserve the benefit of the doubt, please try and exercise some anyway. [i:d45e1c8b73]Every single thing has a reason for it[/i:d45e1c8b73], but I simply don't have the time to explain it all. Why? Because I'm only one guy.

Why aren't I on the boards constantly addressing your comments on the new site? Because I'm busy answering emails helping individual users get into their teams. And I'm only one guy.

But it takes "just a minute" to answer this one question! No, it doesn't. I'll answer one question now: the forums are intentionally unlinked because new users are unable to post there for the time being, and won't until we've migrated it over. This paragraph did just take a minute to type, but then it'll be wondered why a dozen other questions aren't answered. I'm only one guy. For the record, I'll be continuing to try and address issues on the "Welcome" wiki page I posted, which is a much more central place. No new users can see this forum.

Well, working with the fact that there's only one guy, why not wait however long it takes to put out a perfect new site that's flawless from day one? For many business reasons, just one of which was Strat-O-Matic had no choice. We simply could not stay on SportingNews.com for longer. There's more reasons that are not my place or pay-grade to give, but that's all you need to know.

So... [i:d45e1c8b73]how could we have this situation where this entire game is being run by one guy for all these years[/i:d45e1c8b73]? He obviously can't handle it all. No argument from me there. I've come to hate all the insane responsibility I have on my shoulders and the fact that I can't please all of the people, at all of my tasks, all of the time.

But here's what you need to know, if you're considering leaving all of a sudden because there's lingering bugs and a graphical background you don't like after an absolutely MASSIVE new site launch. Strat-O-Matic.com is committed to [i:d45e1c8b73]changing the situation[/i:d45e1c8b73]. They'll be getting me help in countless different ways. Maybe I'll get coverage on nights and weekends so I'm not so tired during the day. Maybe I'll get customer service help so I can focus on the game's programming. What's certain is that though it may take some time, they are committed to improving the situation. If you're still unhappy after a while, then of course, it's your prerogative to leave at any time. Just don't expect everything to be suddenly perfect immediately out of the gates.

So please, let's take a deep breath, and try to keep in mind that there's only one guy here trying to make the best of an extraordinary situation.

Flame away, those that are inclined to flame; this is probably nice bait for you... I'll just be going back to the trenches trying to address ALL of your concerns. Everyone else: thanks for your continued support, and all the encouraging and congratulatory emails I'm getting.[/quote:d45e1c8b73] you can have my wife bernie and that mutt of hers that came with the deal
buzzards1

Postby djmacb » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Tick, tick, tick... Time for waivers and the vultures are circling
djmacb

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Waivers didn't run for any of my teams
nevdully's

Postby bkeat23 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Transition!?!
New Site?!?

I better start paying closer attention. I just thought both my teams were sweeping the same teams for a week or so.
bkeat23

Postby djmacb » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Waivers just ran for me. Looks good :D
djmacb

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:34 pm

terrible....slow..... and search as as far from user friendly as it can be
nevdully's

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx