Strat-O-Matic.com transition info/FAQ

Wow

Postby bernieh » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:38 pm

This is pretty bad. There's no two ways about it, huh.

I'll admit it now; I couldn't execute this well enough, no matter how hard I worked.

I'm thinking about what I need to do now.
bernieh

Postby bernieh » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:42 pm

At this point, I'll need to spend a lot of time figuring out the extent of the issues we've had. Even if it's just a few teams with messed up rosters, it's still something that can't happen, and I need to figure out how to make the system handle these things going forward.

I don't think I can run games tonight. Sorry. I know, this is pretty bad.
bernieh

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:43 pm

The good news is they ran...."Search" must be a meld of old functions and new enhancements otherwise its just much too slow imo
nevdully's

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Smaller problem is the add/drops are backwards...you think Hodges has been dropped because that is the highest or top transaction listed but the one below states he was added...just backasswards and frustrating when speed counts
nevdully's

Postby Salty » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Okay Bernie-

no point in making the situation worse- maybe we can figure out a fair way to satisfy people, as you have done in the past?
and then moving forward how to fix stuff- I think the suggestions for posting somewhere make some sense.

If we arent experimenting on my dime so to speak, I/we get a lot less upset I think.

Hope that helps- and lets work towards a solution. :shock: 8-)
Last edited by Salty on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salty

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:56 pm

One guy has 20 hitters :shock: and can't release them.
nevdully's

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:15 pm

agree with Salt its time to step back and regroup...shut it down for a few
nevdully's

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Yep, I think it does make sense to start the games a week from today. I would hope that would give Bernie some time to fix everything and run some testing without the constant pestering. Once it looks 100% ready to go, let 'er rip.
At least that's my take from a lot of years of experience in the business world.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby Manofsteel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:39 pm

My waivers ran late as well but did eventually run.I had a few problems with adding / dropping as well :roll: . I just bought a five pack the other day and was going to join another league tonight but obviously have to hold off till everything gets sorted out. We have a very large problem and I blame TSN / STRAT O MATIC. simple fact is ONE guy cannot run the entire show. I can't imagine the stress bernie is going through with this whole process by himself. I'm as disapointed as the next guy because I love this game and was excited to jump into everything again full force. I can't blame bernie I know he is working hard to try and get everything sorted out, but i agree with everyone from a business stand point this is a huge no-no, I paid $100 for a service and its basically like riding a car with 3 wheels right now. No idea if anything will be done for all the trouble we have all gone through.Bernie your hard work is not unnoticed. I know you will do everything in your power to help us out and bring strat back to where it should be.
Last edited by Manofsteel on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manofsteel

Postby Neil Toomey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Hang in there Bernie.
Neil Toomey

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx