Strat-O-Matic.com transition info/FAQ

Postby DonFESQ » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:08 pm

As I see it, pulling the plug on SOM Online wouldn't be that big a deal for TSN/SOM:

1. I would be shocked if there were many purchases on SOM this week.

2. I could see SOM flipping the bird to those few purchases that were made there this week. They do seem to care so much about customer relations.

3. I could then see TSN say big deal sue us for whatever you want. We're done anyway. Good luck with all that.
DonFESQ

Fix the SOM Rainbow!

Postby macnole » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Stat!
From lowest frequency to highest frequency in the visual spectrum--red, yellow, green, blue, violet.

This is very important!
macnole

Postby 1787 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:37 pm

IF this is the end then we can say its been fun and it was a good run. Real life moves on . I wish all the strato fanatics well. May the splits be with you all.
Farewell BILL

Postby Valen » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:00 pm

[quote:bf2bc143af]I'm not expecting an answer from Bernie here, but if guys have offered before why isn't it being utilized?[/quote:bf2bc143af]
Perhaps one reason offers for help are not utilized is few companies are going to open up access to their servers and systems to anyone without fully investigating their background and crossing all the legal issues. I can remember being the IT manager of a corporation and guarantee I was very selective about who I granted access to. Living in fantasy land is fine for fantasy sports but giving people access to your systems takes you to the real world. And in the real world not wise to ignore the security issues such a thing would involve.
Valen

Postby Valen » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:06 pm

[quote:a88b8a7683]the problem is you are beta testing in the middle of a barnstormers event[/quote:a88b8a7683]
I understand the importance of the barnstormers to those who participate.
But it is not like that is government mandated.

So what some may consider a stupid question. Why can't whomever is in charge of barnstormers put a hold on that until things are stabilized?
Valen

Postby thisisdan26 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:10 pm

[quote:8f26027ef1="DonFESQ"]As I see it, pulling the plug on SOM Online wouldn't be that big a deal for TSN/SOM:

2. I could see SOM flipping the bird to those few purchases that were made there this week. They do seem to care so much about customer relations.

3. I could then see TSN say big deal sue us for whatever you want. We're done anyway. Good luck with all that.[/quote:8f26027ef1]

I doubt that this will happen. Even though TSN was receiving our $$ for playing the game, "Strat-O-Matic Game Co." had to be getting a portion of that money, or money upfront for allowing their product to hosted on TSN. Now that the middle man (TSN) is essentially eliminated, all of our money goes directly to SOM, and it's certainly not chump change.
thisisdan26

Postby Badjam » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:56 pm

[quote:2b95c968a3="DonFESQ"]As I see it, pulling the plug on SOM Online wouldn't be that big a deal for TSN/SOM:

3. I could then see TSN say big deal sue us for whatever you want. We're done anyway. Good luck with all that.[/quote:2b95c968a3]

I take it Don isn't a corner man in boxing with that "if at first you don't succeed throw in the towel" attitude. Not many people share that quitter mentality.
Badjam

Postby nevdully's » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Well given and accepting all past information on this I'd say Don is more of a "call em as I see em realist" who might fight til the bloody end given a cause he believes in....But from where I sit TSN hasn't cared much about the game or Bernie ever. Bernie once told me "its his baby to run and as long as it doesn't cost TSN money he can run it as he sees fit."

SOM doesn't care about much of anything other than their bottom line and only then if it's not too much trouble.
nevdully's

Postby djmacb » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:14 pm

[quote:5fb0f72396]Not many people share that quitter mentality.[/quote:5fb0f72396]

Did we quit when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?! Who's with me?
djmacb

Postby Salty » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:16 pm

This brings up a point that I think some are overlooking.

Lets be honest about something- the Board/Dice game isnt attracting a new generation of fans. Im speaking generally of course.

The ONLY way SoM is going to be vibrant in 10 years from now is to attract new customers that are going to play some electronic version of the game or games.
Which likely means they are going to roll out other sports online at some point in the future.
In fact if they arent thinking this way- imo, its really myopic.

I dont think they are going to scrap the game because of initial troubles-
even if they are big ones- and if they do- it just shows they had no commitment to begin with.
Salty

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx