Strat-O-Matic.com transition updates

Postby Salty » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:11 pm

BTW-
For all of the above Salty Puns:

:D :D :) :D :D :D
Salty

Postby Hack Wilson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 pm

I will also add the site is much quicker overall than the Sporting News one. :)
Hack Wilson

Waivers

Postby oldhat2 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Great news! Whew, we needed that!
oldhat2

Postby Hack Wilson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:48 pm

I know Bernie's working hard, so I applaud him for that. It's coming around. Today was a good day! :D 8-)
Hack Wilson

Postby SavoySpecial » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:31 am

[quote:1ff4cb9e1b="hack wilson"]Something odd did pop up....I dropped reliever Jerry Fosnow for Stan Baumgartner, and when I went to insert Baumgartner into the Pitcher Preferences page, Fosnow was still there, as if he was still on the team. Baumgartner was there, so I inserted him into specific roles.

...I think it was a cache thing. Fosnow was gone after the page reloaded.[/quote:1ff4cb9e1b]

I noticed the same thing....once I changed my lineups to remove the traded player, he was no longer showing. I had to do that with both lineups. Not a big problem, but it must not be isolated to just one of us.
SavoySpecial

Postby sschu » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:07 pm

So waivers run and we are locked out of making moves.

When will this lockout be lifted? How are we to know?

I feel much better being the software testing department for SOM.

sschu
sschu

Postby Ducky » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:18 pm

[quote:5a54527637="sschu"]So waivers run and we are locked out of making moves.

When will this lockout be lifted? How are we to know?

I feel much better being the software testing department for SOM.

sschu[/quote:5a54527637]

If you read Bernie's instructions at the beginning of this thread, you'd realize the lockout is lifted at 5P Eastern time.
Ducky

For leagues with Waivers deadlines today (Thursday) only

Postby bernieh » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:19 pm

This is a repeat of the plan we executed successfully yesterday. We scheduled to do this both yesterday and today just to get it right; we expect today to go just as smoothly as yesterday.

Waiver claim processing was executed at 2pm ET on all leagues scheduled for today. All teams have the correct amount of cash, a valid number of players, and from our end it looks like everything was successful. According to the plan, all free agent transactions and trading are suspended in these leagues until 5pm ET. During this time, if you notice anything significantly wrong with how the Waiver claim processing went, please email us at onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com and we'll take a look. We are prepared to roll things back if we need to, but we don't think it'll come to that. To be safe, though, allow for the possibility that the results of the Waiver claim processing may change for your league. We'll let you know the official word in any case.
bernieh

No official news on resuming gameplay just yet

Postby bernieh » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:28 pm

FWIW, I've been working non-stop preparing and testing to resume gameplay, but at this very moment, I don't have official news for you just yet. We're fighting my own instinct to offer up hints and overpromise, with the need to only announce something when we're 100% confident that we're going to get it right. Thanks for your continued patience...
bernieh

Re: No official news on resuming gameplay just yet

Postby pikesvilleal » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:32 pm

[quote:984a269d7f="bernieh"]FWIW, I've been working non-stop preparing and testing to resume gameplay, but at this very moment, I don't have official news for you just yet. We're fighting my own instinct to offer up hints and overpromise, with the need to only announce something when we're 100% confident that we're going to get it right. Thanks for your continued patience...[/quote:984a269d7f]

are the defense ratings in the lineups correct for multiple position players and non-position DH?
pikesvilleal

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx