Wrigley help desperately needed!

Wrigley help desperately needed!

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:20 am

Help me Please!! This is my first Wrigley team and I spent hours researching who to draft etc and did ok in the draft and waivers. I go away for a week and then check my team today. 13 - 23!! Whay the hell is going on? Does anyone have a clue and can anyone help me please?[url]

In case the link here does not work my pithcers are;

Starters

Sheets
Wise
Halladay
Benson
Zito And Halsey

Relief
Halsey
Burba
Fuentes
Ayala and FRod

Line up v LHP

Alfonzo
Mora
Manny
Nevin
Uribe
Rowand
Torrealba
B.Giles
Rollins

Vs RHP

Giles
Mora
Rowand
Ramirez
Uribe
Nevin
Buck
Alfonzo
Rollins

Please can someone help me with this team. It stinks! Manny is hitting just .186!
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby visick » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:33 am

Start w/ your hitting:

You really haven't got a true lead-off guy. Giles "could" be ok, but he's
BP dependant.

Bat Rowand 2nd.
Mora 3rd.
Manny 4th.

Just realized that Giles is your only true lefty. No good even at Wrigley. You still need a lefty bat or 2 that is not so BP dependant. ie. Kotsay, Walker, Casey or a natural HR type lefty.

A hard RH or reverse LH could severly neutralize this team.

Alfonzo is no lead-off man either.
visick

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:43 am

Surely though Alfonzo with his 49 OB caances is better leading off if anywhere against LHP? I went for lots of RHB following the advice on an earlier Wigley thread and because there is another Wrigley in my league although I personally do feel a little light of leftie bats, although Nevin is good vs LHP.

Do you mean Rowand, Mora, and Manny batting 2, 3 and 4 vs RHP?

Thanks for the advice. I might try a bit of a change around later on.

Anyone else got any advice?
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby visick » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:28 pm

"Do you mean Rowand, Mora, and Manny batting 2, 3 and 4 vs RHP?"

Yes
visick

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:50 pm

I have put those three 2nd 3rd and 4th both sides. I wasn't sure whether to get rid of Rowand for a leftie but his balance is 1L so not as bad as if he were a hard rightie. Can't find a better OB man vs LHP than Alfonzo to leadoff so I will have to be stuck with him, despite his lack of speed.
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby the splinter » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:06 pm

You haven't posted your lineup by position but it looks like your D is lacking big time. The only decent defender you have is Rollins. I bet your giving up an extra 2-3 runs a series with that D.
the splinter

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:15 pm

c Torrealba/Buck 2(0)e1/3(0)e7
1b Nevin 4e16 I know its not good but I have Mientkiewicz as defensive replacement. Besides I needed a good player against lefties.
2b Uribe 2e14
3b Alfonzo 3e16
ss Rollins 2e10
LF Ramirez 4(-1)e9
CF Rowand 2(+1) e10
RF Giles 3(0)e7

I don't really think this D is too bad. Only two 4 range players and good solid defence down the middle. Ideally it would be better but these players are good offensive fits on the whole for Wrigley so I'm not sure what to do.
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby tersignf » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:14 pm

a 4e9 in LF is pretty bad and will result in quite a few extra XB hits...and having a + arm in center doesn't help.

There are cheaper bats vs L than Nevin if you wanted to platoon (Saenz, Phelps, etc). I'd rather have Frank Thomas and Phelps, or Bagwell and Phelps.... if you want RHs, but you may want to go with a decent LH hitter the way your team is stacked up. And 1B is deep on power hitters, LH and RH. That said, 1B and C are fairly unimportant posn for D.

I think I'd rather dump Alfonzo, put Mora at 3B (not much worse D), get Manny to DH and find yourself a LF or platoon where there's more talent--3B is tough in 2005. I agree with previous post...you don't have another RH on RH threat big enough to hurt a hard righty. Having Nevin and Alfonzo ties your hands a bit.

I'd say you need to switch your offense a bit to be more damaging vs RHs.
tersignf

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx