My first Wrigley team - comments?

My first Wrigley team - comments?

Postby hechojazz » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:40 pm

Here's the link to ZIMBABWE BWANAS, regular season starts Monday night, so free agency is still alive and well...

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team_other.html?user_id=22621

:shock:
hechojazz

Postby tersignf » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:37 pm

definitely don't like Lamb and crawford. Assuming you're leading off Kotsay vs L and Mohr vs R. That's fine--Kotsay's a decent value and will still give you 50 OBs vs Ls, but he's gonna see lots more righties than you'd like.

Having Bonds is nice punishment for throwing a righty, but who's gonna drive him in when he gets IBBd all the time...

I think Lamb and crawford will underperform for you in your division. You already have 2 quality lefties who have good OBP; Lamb needs #'s to make good on his card. If you really want a similar value at 1B, I'd look for Klesko instead. Now if you had Beltre too, you would get quite a few lefties, but I don't know with this setup how it would compare for splits.

You most likely need 2 more RH bombers, one who kills Ls so folks pay for making Bonds almost human...and one vs Rs preferably with high OB as well. Without stating the obvious like Guerrero, Pujols, Lowell etc...

People like Phelps, Werth, Saenz, Thames can all hit plenty of HRs and over 40 OBs w/ their BPHRs in Wrigley vs Ls for a decent price but in some cases bad D--which makes it tough for you since you have Bonds. Then look for folks like Alou, Bagwell, FThomas on the other side for Rs.

If you don't like platoons or injuries or bad D, I'd look into Derrek Lee and JRivera for the OF (maybe even a MCabrera). Steady players with decent OB, one slightly favoring Rs, one Ls, but both decent against each and with some pop.

Anyway, good luck--there's quite a few RHs that hit righties and a few more than that who hit lefties, and you need a few ore RH power bats. As it is now, there will be teams coming into your park with more RH power, and that's not good. In Wrigley with Bonds, if you put 3 Ls and 6 Rs out there, you'll still be OK if a couple of your Rs hit Rs with power and decent OBP.
tersignf

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx