Site rebuild teaser part 8

Site rebuild teaser part 8

Postby bernieh » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 am

At this point of the site rebuild, most of the front-facing functionality of the website has been built, so I'll be dumping groups of teasers at you that mostly deal with cosmetic/interface enhancements. Here's the second one today; there's more to come, as well as the beginnings of an info/FAQ page about the Strat-O-Matic.com transition.

This is a simple, general one. The new site will utilize a more standard pull-down style for menu navigation, unlike the weird "pull across" curiosity that our existing site has, that someone thought was a good idea 8 years ago somehow.

[img:09e7f2f017]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/images/stratomatic/marketing/screenshot_pulldown_menus.gif[/img:09e7f2f017]

And yes, this is working much better on iOS devices than our existing menus (sorry, I don't have an Android or other mobile device to test on - I'll probably look to you guys for someone that does in testing).
bernieh

Postby geekor » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:58 am

I have my touchpad (webOS) and Galaxy S2 (andriod). so I can help with that, but screw Apple :P
geekor

Postby tcochran » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:54 pm

[quote:0a39cdd688="geekor"]I have my touchpad (webOS) and Galaxy S2 (andriod). so I can help with that, but screw Apple :P[/quote:0a39cdd688]

In our household, we have
. PC
. Mac
. iPad
. Android
. iPhone
. even a Linux netbook

I'm a website designer and test on lots of different devices -- be happy to do the same for SOM!

Question: Will the new site be done in HTML 5 with a responsive design, for better display on all devices?
tcochran

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx