Line up back up not working

Line up back up not working

Postby jagint » Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 am

I have Ryan Roberts to back up Billy Butler at DH in my line up interface. Butler got hurt for three games and the computer sub him for Bonifacio in one game and for Bernadina for another game. Does anyone knows if this works for the DH position? Is there anything I may be diong wrong?
jagint

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue May 08, 2012 12:25 pm

First off, the line-up sub doesn't apply for the current game. Therefore, the correct sub should be implimented in your next game. Now as to why someone else was used in that game I don't know, unless there was another injury that forced your sub to start at another position. Check that and advise.
Jeepdriver

Postby jagint » Tue May 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Jeepdriver.

Thanks for posting a reply. In fact, Butler got hurt in the 9th inning of the first game and was pinch ran for. In the next game, Bernadina was the DH and in the following game it was Bonifacio. The way I have it set up is Roberts as the DH backup for Butler, Bonifacio the 3B backup for Roberts and Bernadina the LF backup for Bonifacio. So if I'm not mistaken, Roberts should have started in DH, Bonifacio at 3B and Bernadina in LF. Correct? But again, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or don't understand the logic. None of my other players were hurt and all starting pitchers for the other team were right handed. Following is the way I have it set up VS RHPs:

Bourn CF .....backup Barnadina
Bonifacio LF .backup Bernadina
Cabrera 1B .backup Butler
Montero C ..backup Butera
Butler DH ...backup Roberts
Markakis RF.backup Bernadina
Roberts 3B...backup Bonifacio
Infante 2B....backup Bonifacio
Andrus SS....backup Bonifacio

Butler is hurt for one more game so if I'm doing something wrong I may have time to fix it.
jagint

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue May 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Let's see if I can explain it. The computer can only take players into another position two times. You are trying to move three players here. Again, the computer can only go two players, so once the third position comes into play then all bets are off and the subs won't work properly.
Jeepdriver

Postby jagint » Tue May 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks! Didn't know that. So in theory if I remove Bernadina from the backup spot for Bonifacio in LF, then Roberts would start at DH and Bonifacio at 3B?
jagint

Postby jagint » Wed May 09, 2012 10:11 am

Last night I removed Bernadina as the backup for Bonifacio in LF and Raynolds still did not start at DH. The computer inserted Bernadina at the DH position.

I'm confused but it seems this backup interface does not work correctly. Does anybody else have any comments?

Thansk!
jagint

Postby jagint » Wed May 09, 2012 10:30 am

I meant Robers (not Raynolds) in the previous post
jagint

Postby geekor » Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 am

is only your DH injured? Are there other players injured, if so it will pull him away to those positions and fill DH last.
geekor

Postby jagint » Wed May 09, 2012 10:57 am

Hi geekor. Thanks for posting a reply. I had no other injuries and that is why I'm so puzzled and frustrated about this.
jagint

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed May 09, 2012 11:09 am

I think it's as simple as there aren't enough back-ups for the subs to work properly. Going on what Geekor said the computer is subbing for LF before DH as it is of most importance. You have versatile players that can play multiple positions, but it is working against your strategy. Despite those guys different position eligibility you need a deeper bench.
Jeepdriver

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx