Munich Black Sox

Munich Black Sox

Postby Munich_Man » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:35 am

To celebrate the Chicago White Sox' presence in the World Series I decided to do an homage team.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/atg2/team/team_other.html?user_id=76766

As I lifelong Cubs fan, I felt it appropriate, almost required, to throw a bit of historical water on the recent enthusiasm by recalling one of the darkest moments in Chicago sports history. The Munich Black Sox have all of the "Eight Men Out" on the roster and will keep them for the whole season. I will require myself to start them as well. The only small exception I will allow myself is the DH platoon of Walling/Mcmullin, with McMullin starting against LHP, or course.

Gonna be fun to try to build a winner with Gandil, Risberg, Weaver and Felsch in the starting lineup. Don't mind having to use Shoeless, though :)

I'll start Risberg :shock: , but will try to get HAL to remove him for my defensive replacement (Ozzie) as early as possible :D

Pre-waivers now, should be fun building this team. Don't have much playing room, really only RF and C. Looks like the rest will have to go to pitching!

(_)ß
Munich_Man

Postby egvrich » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:07 am

If you've never used him before, you might be pleasantly surprised with Gandil ....... :lol:
egvrich

Postby Munich_Man » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:34 am

:) I like Mr. Gandil. I use him and Mr. Terry quite a bit.

If I don't use a Pendleton/Collins/Weaver type at 3rd, I usually have a Gandil or Terry at 1st instead.

It's just going to be difficult HAVING to use him and the other lightweight bats since they will take space from some real offense. Should be fun.

(_)ß
Munich_Man

Postby egvrich » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:42 am

good luck MM
egvrich

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats