Ozzie and Honus part deux

Ozzie and Honus part deux

Postby PJ Axelsson » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:32 pm

I know Charles onced pulled this stunt, and I'm thinking about it myself.

Honus Wagner starting, with Ozzie on the bench? Am I insane?

Can a staff of Pollet/Gibson/Frock/Rommell/Reuther/Cvengros/Vance succeed in Griffith?

I've got a killer lineup, and it includes Cuyler. Between Cuyler's injuries and Wagner's injuries, I'm hoping I can get PT for Ozzie to justify this (yes insane but I might slip Honus into LF and hope the other owner doesn't see it, I know HAL won't). Speaking of which, why did Honus get stuck with a +5 arm? That seems very unfair.

Anyway, last chance to voice your thoughts, the weasel in me is pretty convinced this is the way to go this time around.

:twisted:
PJ Axelsson

Postby gkhd11a » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:06 pm

Don't let me talk you out of it that team starts the playoffs tonight!

Of course I ended up trading Ozzie for Joe Jackson (1/2 way through the season)
gkhd11a

Postby PJ Axelsson » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:17 am

Confused? :roll: :?

I dropped Ozzie last night, 10/24, around 11:30pm. Midnight should have kicked in the 20% penalty period, but of course someone picked up Ozzie along with a number of other transactions that were posted today, 10/25, without any penalty.

Anyone got an explanation for this one? I'll try over on the main forum as well. It does matter to me, since I couldn't deal Ozzie or Honus despite numerous attempts at far less than value for the player. I went out of my way to not give him away and it still happened.
PJ Axelsson

Postby nevdully's » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:03 am

You can add/drop without 20% penalty right up until the first seres of games have been played.
nevdully's

Postby PJ Axelsson » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:12 am

Aha!

I got out-weaseled! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
PJ Axelsson

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats