1969 Season - Washington Senators Challenge League

1969 Season - Washington Senators Challenge League

Postby MICHAELEVANS » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:25 am

I have not played the 1969 game yet, and to be honest, the only reason I want to play it is that I was a big fan of the Washington Senators during the 1960's. I would like to propose a challenge league, 80MM no DH waivers. The game would be run like this. All eleven managers except me would be able to draft (or pick up on waivers later) any player EXCEPT members of the Washington Senators. I would ONLY be able to draft or pickup on wiavers Senators. I would not be able to trade to anyone else, but the eleven other managers would be able to trade among themselves freely, as in regular leagues.

To make it even more interesting, I would give a credit to any SOM game to the eventual League Champion (for example, he could decide he wanted his credit in the 2005 game, or ATGII, or 1969, etc.)

I don't want this to be a live draft or frenzy, but since I really can't participate in the waivers anyway, if a majority of the managers want a frenzy, that would be ok with me, since all Senators would be off-limits. if anyone inadvertently picks a Senator in the draft or waivers, they would be required to drop the player so I could pick him up.

So, how about it?

If you are interested, go sign up in the 1969 game thread.

"A fool and his money are soon parted, especially if he is a Washington Senator's fan"

"A fool is born every minute" P.T. Barnum

"A sucker is born every minute" W.C. Fields
MICHAELEVANS

Postby MICHAELEVANS » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:29 pm

So far no interest from anybody. Maybe I'll have to offer a free credit to anyone who joins the league!!!!!! :shock: I'm not that desperate, YET.

:D
MICHAELEVANS

Postby MidTennHitman » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:39 pm

Those damn Senators must scare everyone!! :D
MidTennHitman

Postby LMBombers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:52 pm

I think a one team theme league would be more interesting. Everyone would have to draft a team (you might want to exclude the Orioles).
LMBombers

Postby MICHAELEVANS » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:52 pm

So true... Eddie Brinkman was ugly enough to scare anyone. We did have Frank Howard, the gentle giant. And who can forget Paul Casanova's incredible 300 watt smile. However, as a team, they stunk.
MICHAELEVANS

Postby MICHAELEVANS » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:53 pm

I'm willing to do anything that would let me use the Senators....
MICHAELEVANS

Postby MICHAELEVANS » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:23 pm

I changed the challenge to a team concept - Baltimore is not available, but each person selects a team and must play in that team's ball park. There seems to be some interest now using this concept. Go check it out on the 1969 Message Board
MICHAELEVANS

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats