Can't Make the Playoffs/Expert Aid Wanted

Postby GREGKOESTER » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:30 am

Decent teams all Randy. I'm no expert either but the 2 parks you used are 2 of my favs. The guys seem to have it pretty good. On all 4 teams the relief isn't quite good enough to cover the starters. On teams 1, 3, and 4 there is a definite injury risk and I'd suspect there were a lot of games that you didn't play with your best. Also it appears you made some in season moves. Especially team 3. If the managers your playing against are savvy, that loss of money can be your down fall.
The way I do my teams is, I make sure that my relief can cover my top 3 starters. When it gets to the 4th starter, it should be iffy. But for the first 3, if they have a lead in the 7th my relievers should bring hom a W. On most of the teams your relief is 50-50 on whether they can hold a win for your #3 starter.
Solution: 1. Get 1 more arm in the pen and have a solid closer.
2. Try to cut down on the injury risk so you can field the best money every game.
3. Avoid, like the plague, in season moves.
GREGKOESTER

Postby JUMA » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, fellas. I plan to keep all of them in mind on my next squad, which at Frank's suggestion will call Crosley Field home.
JUMA

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats