Any Suggestions on this team in Forbes?

Postby traderj » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:23 pm

Not bad, but I don't like Quis in relief (though some do), and I would dump B. Robinson and maybe York, play J. Rob. at 1st or 3rd, find a cheap left fielder with speed and a cheaper 1st baseman (Judge, Luderus) . Just my .02 cents. Hope it helps, good luck. :)
traderj

Postby JUMA » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:30 pm

I'd look for other options at 1b & 3b. You don't want to get 2 slew-foots in the lineup in Forbes; 1 option would be to play J Robinson at one of the slots & get a new LF.
I love Joe D. in Forbes; maybe you can use Duke as trade bait to upgrade some other spots & free up the cash to get him.
Bancroft would be worth the extra $250k, in my opinion, as the caddy for Honus.
JUMA

Postby OdysseyTigger » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:26 pm

Linn

Merkle works in your park
OdysseyTigger

Postby JUMA » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:43 pm

Fosnow & Wade are available & are worth considering. Good luck.
JUMA

Postby The Last Druid » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:33 pm

Am I correct that you had Snider and let him go to get DiMaggio? I love DiMaggio but Snider doesn't have the 15-game injury risk, is left-handed, and better defensively, is faster, more powerful and hits into fewer doubleplays. DiMaggio hits for a higher avg and slg. pct. but that's it. Snider is a first round pick, DiMaggio often is on the FA wire. I think ditching Duke to pick up Joe is a bad move. Period.

I do like your starting staff for your park. Candini though needs to go.

I recommend a Footsie Blair, George Burns platoon at 1B rather than Merkle. Stolen bases are overrated and Merkle doesn't bring a whole lot else to the table. Yeah he is a 1 but lots of errors. Assuming you keep Merkle though, Buckner can spell him in HR parks against righties.

I wouldn't use Brock both ways in left field. With the money you save by making the changes at 1b you can get Al Smith, 2 -1, e6. He is a great #2 hitter because of his lack of double plays and excellent on base. He has great speed and awesome clutch as a bonus (somewhat wasted in the 2 slot, but not always).

Right now your OF back up situation is not good and needs improvement.

11 pitchers can be useful when you have seven starters that you platoon based on parks and leftie-righty lineups. You have two guys, Vance and Candini who are liabilities. Not a Stewart fan either.
The Last Druid

Postby JUMA » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:18 pm

I would be remiss if I did not point out that the Diamond Dope RC #s on a L/R basis for Duke & the Yankee Clipper in Forbes are:

Joe D.: 25.33/17.56
Duke: 14.31/13.41

Petrosian is right about speed & the OF arm, but Joe D.'s 14 speed isn't the liability that Brooks' was for you. And he isn't exactly a defensive slouch. In a league seemingly full of pitcher's parks, Joe should do just fine...but it's your team. Pick who you want.
JUMA

Postby MtheB » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:37 pm

Four of your offensive starters are 15 game injury risks---thats not a good situation.
Anotehr thing that glares out, is that righty weighted pitchers, of which there are many, will have the advantage against your righty lineup---so don't expect to see many lefties.
just my 2 cents
MtheB

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats