Back from Katrina

Postby Simon31 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:03 pm

[b:5210e3722f]ROFLMAO [/b:5210e3722f] seyclops!!!! Thats good!!! :D
Simon31

Postby Goreds54 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:24 pm

Munich Man and PBTR, we obviously do not share the same values. First of all President Bush is a follower of Jesus Christ. I also am a born again Christian and have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord of my life. We both value the sanctity of life as we oppose abortion on demand. I believe President Bush is doing everything he can to defend and protect American citizens after the attack of 9/11 by taking the war to the terrorists and keeping them out of America. We both believe that marriage should be between a man and a women and that the family is the fabric of our society and needs to be protected. I could go on and on but why? Everything I write I know you will spin and try to make me look stupid. Just comparing President Bush to Hitler shows how out of touch you are with reality. I am not going to change your mind because your hatred for President Bush and people like me seems to be so strong. You are so intolerant of anyone who has an opinion different than yours. I think for myself, enjoy my life and fill very fortunate to live in a great country like the U.S.A.
Goreds54

Postby Roosky » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:43 pm

Hmm Hitler=Bush. Yeah you made a great point there PBTR. :roll:

Now once you are through spewing your venom, lets get back to baseball the game we all enjoy. I could care less that you guys think I am stupid, so go ahead and think that while I enjoy the game and ignore what ever else you say politically. Hey here is something to get your mind off of this, you can win titles with bobby avila and donie bush up the middle.(that always ticks someone off). :)
Roosky

Postby Free Radicals » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:58 pm

LOL ! P L A Y B A L L ! 8)
Free Radicals

Goreds...

Postby Munich_Man » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:44 pm

I simply asked a question, and you answered that question. Thank you for doing so. I made no judgement of your values and I would appreciate you doing the same.

I'm not going to try to twist anything.

I also oppose abortion. I believe that a woman certainly does have the right to control her own body, but I do not believe an unborn child IS a part of her body. In her body, for sure, but separate. Since there is no way to answer the question "when life begins" I would prefer to err on the side of caution. The alternative is unthinkable. Furthermore, there are so many childless couples desparately wanting children..

I also believe that family is the fabric of our society. But define family. Peel the surface back from many "traditional" families and you will certainly find a number of problems. Is that OK as long as we do not peel back that surface? Is the appearance of "normalcy" more important than maintaining a true family life? Children should be raised in a stable and loving environment. This is how I would define a family. Can you honestly tell me that there is only one way to achieve this?

If you want to bring up intolerance (which you did), I believe the "conservatives" certainly have the market cornered.

Anyway, you respect Bush for what he believes. That is your right and you should do so. However respecting him for his actions is something I do not understand. I believe Bush believes he is doing right, and that is what is frightening. There is nobody so dangereous as someone convinced they are doing the right thing, if they ignore evidence and arguments that indicate otherwise. His actions after 9/11 have INCREASED the danger to America and the rest of the world, and his actions do not show much of a respect for sanctity of life as thousands have died and many more are dying every day in a misguided and illegal war.

The erosion of civil liberties, aggrandizement of dangerous level of power in the executive branch, general disregard for the environment (more "sanctity of life"), questionable associations with the corporate sector, cronyism appointments, woeful lack of world perspective, his "if you are not with me, you are against me" approach to problem solving, celebration of ignorance by his statements about reading, etc. these are some of the reasons I believe that George W. Bush is a dangerous threat to America and the rest of the world.

I do not hate him, I'm afraid of him.

Especially as a good Christian, which I'm sure you are, I fail to see how you can countenance most of the things Bush has done during his administration.

I've rambled on enough. It's late.

(_)ß
Munich_Man

Postby Free Radicals » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:14 pm

This thread got hijacked !

As for politicians , I have one thing to say . Democrat - Republican or Republican - Democrat . They all should be out in at most 8 year terms . I don't trust either side . They both are equally guilty of screwing the public with rederrick and lies . Its not one party is good and one is bad , its they are both bad . Bush - Gore . I flipped a coin standing with my ballot in hand in the booth . Thought the choices were bad either way but being an American means you exercise your right to vote . If more than 40% of the population would actually go out and vote , we'd get rid of all these knuckleheads and new ones who at least weren't all tied to one money making group or another .
Free Radicals

I'm sorry...

Postby Munich_Man » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:09 pm

but flipping a coin is not exercising your right to vote. If 100% of the people voted and they all flipped coins, what good would that do? :roll:
Munich_Man

Postby Free Radicals » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:29 pm

It came up tails and I voted for Bush ! I wish we'd had different choices is the point of the flip . If the other 60% of the people would vote , maybe we wouldn't get these political lifers then , maybe we would , one never kknows . The system is flawed but Iwouldn't want to be under any other one in this world .
Free Radicals

Postby Goreds54 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:15 pm

It is sad that when I tried to use the name of Gods son that it is replaced with an expletive. :( Munich Man, I appreciate the civil tone of your reply. Some of the things you are afraid of about President Bush are just not true. I know you live in Germany and I understand that the European press is heavily biased against America and our president. The United States goal is to set up a democratic government in the middle east so it will bring peace to that region and the rest of the world. This would save the lives of thousands plus improve the quality of life in that area. I believe this is a noble effort by our country. You may disagree but if we accomplish this task, the world will be a safer place.
Goreds54

Prescott Bush

Postby Play By The Rules » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:24 pm

Goreds, please tell me what you know about Prescott Bush.

Go ahead and Google him. I think you'll be surprised.
Play By The Rules

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats