Sportsman 46 Team Advice

Sportsman 46 Team Advice

Postby sschu » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:05 pm

Help, these guys just cannot seem to get anything going!

Division includes Fenway 67, Riverfront and Griff. Rest of league leans pitching with only a Polo extreme hitters park.

[url]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/atg2/team/team_other.html?user_id=55749&stats=sim[/url]

Lineup is (vs LH/RH)
Honus
G-Man
Musial
Simmons
Dawson/Cochrane
Meusel
Cochrane/Dawson
Gardner

I know McNally is lousy, but the team is averaging only 4.5 RPG. Team ERA at 4.17 is OK, and the pen has been solid.

Suggestions?

Txs, sschu
sschu

Postby GREGKOESTER » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:41 pm

WOW! those aren't the numbers I expect out of McNally. I use him a lot there. He's even had over 20 win seasons for me. Nolan is down too compared to the few times I use him. You've got enough pen for them too. The only guy you have on offense that I don't use is Dawson. Meusel's numbers are down for what I expect too. Try putting Horton in for a start to move your rotation back one. Making Nolan your 4 starter and Mcnally your 1. He'll be the guy facing Alexander and the like. Maybe your other 3 can get a few more wins. Out of your pitchers I usually use McNally, Garber, and Martinez there. Sometimes Nolan. Garber and Martinez are a little high but not far off. I like the team. Could be why they are struggling.
Another thing I do for my hitters when they are struggling is I look at the L/R splits. And put the guys that are hitting the respective sides at the top of the order. That is why you'll see my teams with guys like Pendleton and Flood batting 1st or 2nd sometimes.
Last edited by GREGKOESTER on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GREGKOESTER

Postby GREGKOESTER » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:44 pm

Another thing to get a few more runs is Move Meusel up to #3 and hit Musial 4 and Simmons 5. Let Dawson and Cochrane protect Simmons.
GREGKOESTER

Postby sschu » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:30 pm

Grindi,

Txs for the tips, good ones, I'll give them a go. Truth be known I tried to pattern these guys after you and Munchen-man's Sportsman's teams. I have a 2nd Sportsman's team, also struggling, tried a "pitching platoon" approach .... not sure I'll do that again! :?

Appreciate the ideas, sschu
sschu

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats