Lineup Help?

Lineup Help?

Postby Sgt Gee » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:14 pm

I have great pitching and play in Forbes '09 (mostly pichers parks-No DH)

1. Wilson, Willie (S) LF
2. Doran, Bill (S) 2B
3. Dimaggio, Joe (R) CF
4. Bando, Sal (R) 3B
5. Miller, Bing (R) RF
6. Merkle, Fred (R) 1B
7. Gedman, Rich (L) C
8. Crosetti, Frankie (R) SS
9. Pitcher P
Sgt Gee

answer!!!!!!

Postby jma500 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:18 pm

Blow up your team and start over its horrible.........

Good Luck in the season, John Adorno 8)
jma500

Postby Play By The Rules » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:27 pm

Sorry, I have to agree... :cry:
Play By The Rules

Postby Bunze0 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:52 pm

i had to laugh. you guys are funny.. he must have a really good pitching staff. post link to your team
Bunze0

Postby Sgt Gee » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:03 pm

Thanks John you JJ----We'll see---Good luck!
G
Sgt Gee

Postby Sgt Gee » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:05 pm

OK here it is (help?)

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/atg2/team/team.html
Sgt Gee

Postby Bunze0 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:18 pm

you didnt do the link properly. go to you leagues statistics page then click on your team. in the address bar click mouse to copy. then come back here and post reply and click paste.
Bunze0

Postby Sgt Gee » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:42 pm

OK--Sorry

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/atg2/team/team_other.html?user_id=75526
Sgt Gee

Postby Bunze0 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:14 pm

well just looked at your division. and its a pitchers park division for sure. so my opinion would be to load your team with as much obp. and base running speed as you can. lots of low scoring pitcher duels. bando is not a good fit for your squad. to many bphrs which will be outs in your division. one guy if available is steinfedlt. if he is available grab him for bando, you need a cf for sure like a d dimmaggio or a andre dawson . they perform well in pitchers parks. another option is geronimo for cheap. and use extra money in another position. like a e valentine or ennis for rf. make your of arms strong to cut down the running of other teams. im sure he isnt available but b muesel is a great fit for your park, or a frank chance for 1b. your catcher carter will even falter because not a true fit. ive used oneil and sanguillen with good results. try and get 2 sluggers with natural homeruns on their cards. no # hrs. with your rotation you can slow hook conservative pen and you wont need the 5 relievers. get 2 or 3 guys maybe a richert or martinez. and hernandez. you dont need to fear the bphr's on the reliever cards cause in your division their outs. maybe a d bush at ss. he makes lots of errors but his obp and runs scoring will im my opinion out perform his errors with your division. but thats only if you can upgrade the offense. if you cant then keep crosetti.. 2b free agency?? im sure the notables are gone. but gilliams is a good option. good bunter, high obp and doesnt need a sub. but agree you got alot of work to do with this team. keep your top 3 starters. could go cheaper on # 4 if you wanted. a oil can boyd or b knepper would fit well.
Bunze0

Postby raslavens » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:43 am

Pitching -- Three Finger is good. Scott just OK. Would love to see if you could get Adams and Reulbach into that lineup. Your RPs are overkill. Worthington and Eastwick not good fits. Grab Wade off FA wire fast. Ditto for Shoffner. Meyer could be decent 5th starter... much better than Drucke. Hoyt is complete waste of time. Depending on money available, a starting five of Three Finger Brown, Adams, Reulbach, Frock and Meyer could work. If you have more money, upgrade one of the cheapies.

Hitting -- Can I join this league? Can't believe Yount, Simmons and Wagner all available. Definitely get Yount or Simmons to play SS. Bando is a bad fit at 3B. Weaver's the guy you want there. You should consider Haas at any of the OF spots. Clarke or Buford in LF. Judge or Luderus at 1B (much better than Merkle). Lemon in CF.

Good luck!
raslavens

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats