Is there a Leather Doctor in the house?

Is there a Leather Doctor in the house?

Postby Bator100 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:31 am

31 errors in 39 games into the season, playing at Petco with a $100M team in theory built around pitching (Maddux, Alexander, Halladay and the cheap Catfish) and defense. Speaker, an e6 has 5 errors, Collins an e12 has 7, Bowa, an e14 has 6 and Schalk, an e4 has 2. I know that the error ratings are a guideline not the actual number of errors they will make in a season. But the four gloves up the middle that in theory should make 36 errors in a full season, have made 25 so far and are on pace to make 100. That seems absurd. To put it in perspective the team that has made the most errors is playing an e27 at 2B, an e33 at short and an e11 in CF. In theory they should be expected to make twice as many errors as we would and yet they only have 38, just 7 more errors in total.

I understand one maybe two good defensive players (in positions where defense is more important and likely to be a factor) playing at this pace but all four? Yes sample size might be a factor but we are talking about a quarter of the season having been played so far. And of course the reason I am whining about this is because we are 9-14 in games the team makes an error and 11-5 in games they don't.

Sorry for the venting, was wondering if others have had similar woes and is there a light at the end of the tunnel or is that just an oncoming train.

Thanks.
Bator100

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats