Trade forum....

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Trade forum....

Postby RICKDEDRICK » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:06 pm

There needs to be a forum set up for individual leagues where you can talk trades. The current Strat system is too slow and you cannot negotiate with anyone. There needs to be a system set up where you know players who are interested in trading will be on line at a certain time and you can work out some deals.

My two cents worth, after very much frustration.... :roll:

TK
RICKDEDRICK

Trade forum....

Postby RICKDEDRICK » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:44 pm

It's stupid to have to wait six hours and then have someone decline the trade without even making a counter offer or comment. If someone wants to offer a trade they should have to enter the forum at a set time and then discuss the deal. There is too much annoniminity now and too little negotiation. We all think we have the greatest player for the best price but, we have repeatedly seen wholesale tradeoffs after the season has started. Let's share our knowledge before the season starts. Not everyone is trying to screw you. Like the pro's we will help others in a different division to defeat your strongest team.

Think people and lets evolve this game into something real!!!!

TK
RICKDEDRICK

Postby Roscodog » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:06 pm

It would be neat to have an area where you could put guys on the "block" in your league much like the injuries are poster. Or a waiver wire when you release a guy someone on another team can pick them up within 24hours with no cap penalty.
Roscodog

Postby teepack » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:30 pm

Hey Tacoma,

You do have a forum to discuss trades. That's why we have the league message system. What you are espousing is requiring owners to be on line at a certain time so that you can chat with them about trades. That'll never happen because you can't make people be on-line at a specific time. When you want to trade a player, send out a message to the rest of your league and tell them who you're looking to move or that you're just looking to make a move period. That usually gets some discussion moving. The biggest detriment to making trades is the salary cap, not lack of interest. I just find it hard to make a trade when you have to pretty much match up $ for $.
teepack

Trade forum....

Postby RICKDEDRICK » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:16 pm

I like Roscodog's idea. That would help alot during the season.

TK
RICKDEDRICK

Postby teepack » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:34 pm

Roscodog's idea is a good one, too. But the problem still remains the salary cap. I am in a league now in which a guy twice sent out a message that he would trade hitting for pitching. Both of our teams were stinking up the joint. I sent him 3 offers that would involve me giving up one of my aces and getting one of his big hitters in return. He rejected all 3 of them. The problem was he didn't really want to make a trade unless he could get a great pitcher and not have to give up any of his great hitters.
teepack

Postby Cubit » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:19 pm

[quote:1913481b96="teepack"]Roscodog's idea is a good one, too. But the problem still remains the salary cap. I am in a league now in which a guy twice sent out a message that he would trade hitting for pitching. Both of our teams were stinking up the joint. I sent him 3 offers that would involve me giving up one of my aces and getting one of his big hitters in return. He rejected all 3 of them. The problem was he didn't really want to make a trade unless he could get a great pitcher and not have to give up any of his great hitters.[/quote:1913481b96]

Now that's the kind of trade we'd all like to Make! I agree teepack; the big problem in SOMO once a season is underway is that cap #. Well, in my case it is probably competence, too, since I always seem to be playing in the wrong park for my players. That's why I like Keeper Leagues and live drafts; at least there I have some control over who I actually get at the start...

Great work on this year's Tour/Player's Championship by the way.. :)
Cubit

Return to --- Player's Championship