The 2006 Players' Championship

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby cummings2 » Tue May 09, 2006 10:09 am

When you guys have some time...it would be great if we could get the league links for Ev2 8)
cummings2

Postby nhsteven » Wed May 24, 2006 10:01 am

I'm not sure how to log in to the live draft tool. Do you need a league to start with?
nhsteven

Postby maligned » Wed May 24, 2006 2:10 pm

nh: Someone in your league would have to create an ID for you at fantasysportstools.com. You would then be able to log in and look at drafts that you are a member of.

Here's a copy of the help section of the site. It explains how drafts are conducted. This will become more clear when you get logged in:

About the Draft
You can not pick until its your turn or if the pick time for the person picking before you has expired. Proxies are executed every 5 minutes.

Picking Players
To make a pick click on make your pick. A page should appear that allows you to select the players you want to see. You can do many types of searches, type in part of a players name, Select a position and range, Select a min dollar value, etc. Once you have found the player you want to pick just click on ADD

Creating Proxies
Proxies are executed in order of ROUND,GROUP,PRIORITY

ROUND --- Round at which you want the proxy to execute, if you select 0 (ZERO) then the proxies executes current round, if you select Round 2 and its your pick in Round 1 or Round 3 that proxy WILL NOT be used. Round 0 is used when you dont care about the round and you just want to execute your proxies in order of GROUP then Priority.

GROUP -- You can group your proxies, ie group 2B,CF or SPs and you can flag "Delete group if picked" to YES if you only want ONE proxies from a group of several to be used. IE I want either Lowe or RJ but I dont want both....So the proxy would look like this...

Round--0, GROUP--1,DELETEGROUP--YES, PRI--1, D LOWE
Round--0, GROUP--1,DELETEGROUP--YES, PRI--2, R Johnson
Once I get my pick of Lowe the proxies for Lowe and RJ are both removed.

Delete if Group picked --- You MUST flag EVERY player in a group that you want deleted if any player in that group is picked.

ie.
ARod group 1 pri 1 Delete - N
Tejeda group 1 pri 2 Delete - Y
A Gonzalez group 1 pri 3 Delete - N
If you get Arod, Tejeda is removed but Gonzalez is still a valid proxy.If Arod was picked already and you get Tejeda, A Gonzalez still will be a valid proxy

You have to set every player you want deleted to YES.

To create a proxies, select/filter the same way you would to make a pick. Once you find the player you want enter the player ID in the Player ID box above the find name prompt.
maligned

Suggestion for Future Player Championships

Postby cminton » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:57 pm

Have signups at the beginning of the season. Everyone commits to play in all the events and everyone who commits is guaranteed a spot in every event.

I can not check the boards all the time to see if the next event is starting. I always leave my email address when I'm involved in a league so that people can contact me if it's my turn to do anything. I've been really busy this month and did not notice event 3 signups were happening. Now I might not be able to be in event 3 if we can not fill league 12.

It's very frustrating. When I commit, I'm always there and now I may get frozen out of a tour event.
cminton

guarentee

Postby rgimbel » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:25 pm

not sure how you can guarentee inclusion in every event only way to do that would be to offer free games to anyone who is willing to volunteer to play a 2nd team that doesnt count in standings just to fill up the last league

btw I am your first volunteer lol
rgimbel

Postby cminton » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:08 pm

Who manages the official tour web page? Can we add a column next to the one with average points that has the number of events the average is based on?
cminton

Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship