SOM Players Tour, Round 7, League 4 - The Bonehead League

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby UTBill » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:19 am

Guys,

I thought the clock was supposed to turned off on the weekends. So, sorry I missed my picks earlier today. I'll work on getting proxies set for everything.

Believe it or not, I actually had something to do today! Woohoo!
UTBill

Postby PML97 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:10 am

We'll forgive you Bill up to half a dozen :P
PML97

Postby DOUGGRAY » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:04 am

I havent checked in till now.

People can be skipped and most of the time they catchup their picks before they are skipped again BUT we are wrong to continue to skip someone every round. Im sure Tim doesnt give a crap at all now since he was skipped so many times. Skipping a person this much just goes against everything we do here.

We should have stopped the draft, found out Tim's status and solved the problem way before now.

The draft is stopped until we confirm what Tim is doing and/or find a replacement.
DOUGGRAY

Penn

Postby BC Manager » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:56 pm

Hey Penn

If you're around today, do you think you could get your 1984 team into the league?
BC Manager

Postby PML97 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:19 pm

Does anyone have a league with Tim? If not I think we should set a date to either here from him or turn to a replacement. But judging by his track record here i'm leaning towards a replacement I can only imagine what he's going to to with a team should he come back to finish the draft.
PML97

Postby UTBill » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:17 pm

[quote:356a9f0a23="PML97"]Does anyone have a league with Tim? If not I think we should set a date to either here from him or turn to a replacement. But judging by his track record here i'm leaning towards a replacement I can only imagine what he's going to to with a team should he come back to finish the draft.[/quote:356a9f0a23]

I'd say that if we haven't heard from him by the end of the day Tuesday, we look for a replacement. This pretty much blows chunks. I was hoping to have the league started by this Monday night, but it looks like another week or 2.

On the same token, we should contact TeePack, or the tour board, to ask how we should handle the situation.
UTBill

Postby PML97 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:39 am

The sooner we get clarficiation and a time frame the better. I'm pretty sure waiting this one out won't make things better.
PML97

Postby Coffeeholic » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:43 am

Whadda ya say we get moving on this!

TimB, not sure if you're still monitoring this thread or not... wouldn't blame you if you just said "to heck with the draft"?

We do need to hear from you though, so that we can decide how to proceed.

If need be, I for one would be willing to back the draft up to where things began to get out of hand for Tim (maybe 3rd and 4th picks), or even start over from the beginning again if necessary.

If we don't hear from Tim by the end of today however, I think we should find a replacement. Perhaps it woulod be a good idea to begin looking for a potential replacement now?
Coffeeholic

Postby PML97 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:09 am

I'm not willing to back the draft for him at all. He knew what he was getting in to and when he came back from his first leave of absence he should have placed a large string of proxys if there was going to be a problem. He signed up for this commitment i'd like to think he'd honor the commitment. And if he doesn't i'm sure theres someone out there willing to step in and make a run at the hand their dealt with.
PML97

Postby DOUGGRAY » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:45 am

No response from Tim yet? You guys need to probably find a replacement.
DOUGGRAY

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship