Sign-ups for event 3 live draft - LEAGUE 2!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby maligned » Fri May 26, 2006 11:54 am

Well, everyone, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get a league crafted by today. I'm leaving for the weekend at 5pm, and the final picks don't seem to be headed to a conclusion by then. It doesn't really matter. We're not supposed to start until a week from Monday anyway. If someone else from the east division (bobschwartz, steveames, or moon) wants to create the league this weekend, that would be great. Just remember the following:

1. advanced league
2. weighted waivers
3. $80mill salary cap
4. no DH
5. 10% drop penalty for free agents

Initially, only send the league password to those of us in the east division. Once we're all entered, then send it on to the central. Finally, someone from the central will send it on to the west teams after they've filled their spots.
maligned

Postby maligned » Fri May 26, 2006 11:58 am

A couple more quick reminders to everyone about the autodraft component of our league:

1. When filling out your auto draft card you must include all 17 players from your live draft.
2. Insert your 17 live draft players in spots 9-25 on your auto draft card.
3. Don't forget to doublecheck the draft site to be sure you don't accidentally request a player that got drafted in the live draft!
maligned

DRAFT PROBLEM

Postby rschwartz51 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:50 pm

HELP

I was on the clock this morning, with about an hour to go looking for my 18th pick. I had chosen a stadium. When I selected my player it wasn't allowed and other picks were being drafted.

When I checked I saw that I had another stadium in the 18th pick slot as well as my original stadium. How could I have 2 stadiums. I tried dropping but is wasn't allowed.

After the draft is done will I be able to replace the stadium with a replacement for the stadium.
rschwartz51

Question for drafting our complete roster.

Postby rschwartz51 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:52 pm

Once the draft is completed and we are filling our draft card can replace any of our drafted players with FA.
rschwartz51

Postby Sknsfan » Fri May 26, 2006 12:56 pm

My take:

I think you should be able to fix the Stadium by just drafting a Ninth player for your starting card. The same way that Jake is missing his twelfth pick, he should just make sure it's a legal card.

However I don't believe you are allowed to swap existing draft picks for FA's until after the Auto Draft.

Anyone with more experience have a solid answer?
Sknsfan

Postby FRANKZAHN » Fri May 26, 2006 1:28 pm

I do not have prior experience since this is my first live draft. However I believe we should be REQUIRED to draft the players we originally drafted during the live draft. I noticed that many of the managers have left themselves no salary cap room to draft anything other than $.5m players for their remaining eight players. To allow them to not have someone on their draft card that they drafted during the live draft would give them an unfair advantage since only they know who they were not going to draft. Plus the player that they release could have been available to someone else to draft. Plus, If they were allowed to "free up" salary cap room by not putting someone on their draft card, they would get an unfair advantage in my opinion.

Frank
FRANKZAHN

Postby maligned » Fri May 26, 2006 1:51 pm

Bob,
You canNOT replace guys you drafted with other free agents on your autodraft card. You must place all of the guys that you've drafted on your autodraft card. AFTER the autodraft, you may drop guys you drafted in the live draft to get other guys during or after waivers.

Everyone,
I agree that Bob and Jake should just fill in the 16 players they have on their autodraft card in slots 10-25. Then, use slots 1-9 to fill in the remaining autodraft selections.
maligned

Postby rschwartz51 » Fri May 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Read comments and agree. I will add a 9th player and eliminate the extra stadium which is California.

ONLY ISSUE I SEE IS IF ANYONE WANTED CALIFORNIA AS THEIR STADIUM IT WOULDN"T HAVE BEEN ELIGIBLE FOR THOSE MANAGERS SELECTING STADIUMS AFTER I WAS GIVEN IT.

For what it's worth I have no clue how I got the California Stadium. I was only looking at hitters at the $1M or less price range and don't believe I selected any stadium but I assume there was some form of mistake.
rschwartz51

Postby maligned » Fri May 26, 2006 2:37 pm

Bob,
I wouldn't sweat the California stadium thing. It looks like the only person who didn't have a stadium after you drafted was Jake--and he immediately drafted San Francisco.
Did you have an old proxy that had California listed? Maybe when others' proxies kicked in and finished the final picks of the draft, the engine automatically filled in your missing slot with something left over from your proxies--even though you didn't have it set. Just a thought. Anyway, on to next steps...
maligned

Postby maligned » Fri May 26, 2006 2:47 pm

Ok, since things went more quickly than expected, I went ahead and finished off my draft card and created our league. Remember, divisions are as follows:

East:
Maligned
Bobschwartz
Errormagnate
Moony

Central:
Herge
fjzahn
BigAlric
Jack

West:
Dean
Jake
Warrior
Sknsfan

The league is called Tour Event 3, League 2. I will send the password to the eastern division.
The last person to fill the east should send the password on to the central.
The last person to fill the central should send the password on to the west.

Sknsfan: even if everybody else has filled, please wait till at least Sunday to finish out the league. If you fill the league today, we would start the season a week earlier than everybody else. If you fill the league tomorrow, we would frenzy on Monday when everyone is out of town with family.

Final reminders:
1. Don't forget to put your previously drafted players (all 17 required) on your draft card in slots 9-25 (10-25 for Jake and Bob). Put your autodraft selections in slots 1-8 (1-9 for Jake and Bob).
2. Don't forget to doublecheck the draft site to be sure you're not including players on your draft card that have already been taken.
maligned

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship