Event 3, League 9 Sign-ups - DRAFT ORDER DETERMINED

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:01 am

If I remember right we list all our draftpicks on the bottom of our draft cards, listing the new players at the top for draft purposes.

It's been awhile since I live drafted but I think that is how it went??
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby JAMESSCHUBERT » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:06 am

if AZ hawg can't be around the proposed change time than it isn't fair to accomodate 1 person and hurt the other.
JAMESSCHUBERT

Postby JAMESSCHUBERT » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:08 am

In addition, I will be at the US Open Thurs-Sun the following week. I will be around at night, but not at 5PM
JAMESSCHUBERT

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:18 am

I guess what I am saying is not to delay the league but that Woods and Lucky work out the team concept and strategies so that Lucky can run the team till Woods returns. Lucky is one of the most capable and fairminded managers out there and I would absolutely trust him with my team if I needed to be absent.

If Woods is agreeable than that is the route I would suggest.
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:42 am

Guys,

I don't want to take Woods defense, but from my point of view, I don't think AZHawg will be penalized in any way if we start the 19th. This is a draft league, not an autoleague. Our teams are pretty much settled, and post-waiver transactions are basically silent when compared to post-waiver transactions in auto-draft leagues. Besides, the FA moves after season starts will only cost 5%----we`re playing the 5%-10%-20% shift league. Finally, to accomodate Schubert and AZHawg, we can easily have the waivers for monday or tuesday, so that both players have a clear shot on the few avaiable players that will be set free. By doing so, the player being mostly penalized will still be Woods.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:44 am

Tyber,

I am not planning to use any strategy for Woods. I am only offering to get his team in. More than that will put me in a difficult position.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:08 am

Gotcha Lucky, I'm also not opposed to waiting. Which ever is the fairest to all the players.
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby vol_fan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:36 am

Whenever we start the league is fine by me. I will be going out of town on Saturday and returning Thursday, but my motel has internet access.
vol_fan

Postby kaviksdad » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:26 am

Just let me know when to enter - my teams put together and ready to go at any time - :wink:
kaviksdad

Postby AZHawg » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:17 pm

If we could do waivers, etc., Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, that would be perfect. Just as long as I get a chance to tinker for a couple of hours.

What I don't like is the possibility of waiting for the autodraft to not occur until next Thursday night ....... which may happen because somebody isn't here, and then I am unable to do anything with my team (lineups, managerial settings, player settings, pitching rotation, etc. etc. etc. at all before the first games are played.

So let's lock and load on Monday and then we all have a chance to set things up before the opener the following Monday.
AZHawg

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship