Round 3 - Let's go for a dozen leagues!!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby cummings2 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:01 pm

re-r-rrr-re-re-ad!

Yes I can... barely :wink:
cummings2

you guys having way toooo much fun

Postby PAULMINICUCCI » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:17 pm

I was so pissed off that our league, league 11, is taking forever, John the Baptist is the commish, and so I came by here to see if you guys were as slow as we are, and to my surprise you're having a f ing party. Do you have room for a league 11 exile?? Hey Cummings what fine institution of higher learning do you toil for? I have been a theater/film guy myself in the near past.

Anyhow, nice to check in on some old friends
:D
Sacramento Yankees
PAULMINICUCCI

We are soooooo Close. . .

Postby mcsoupy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:43 pm

Sorry all for the confusion on the farnsworth/chipper thing. . . I ended up with both anyway. . and I don't know what the heck happened on the whole stadium thing. I guess my eyes were going buggy in the Sacramento Airport. . .

Anyway, all is good from my end.

Only 3 more picks to go. . . was hoping we could finish this today, but it looks as though that won't happen. . now we get a week for free agents.

Anyone need a catcher, I'm willing to part w/ Javier Valentino :)
mcsoupy

Postby gstanis » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:47 pm

How come we are on a rain delay. I know the clock stops on the weekend but why can't we keep drafting without the clock. For a draft that has taken this long we should at least be able to keep going without the clock.
gstanis

Postby mesquiton » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:17 pm

I think Cubit plans to re-start the draft tomorrow afternoon. A couple of managers won't be available before then, including the next one up, so rain delay doesn't really matter, no skips on weekends anyway.
mesquiton

Postby Cubit » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:23 pm

gstanis, sorry you did not get the word. :( mesquiton put it perfectly. I know how it must feel, hanging just three picks away since midnight last night, but as the official rules imply a 12 hour clock on weekends, and since several managers were out from Friday to at least Sunday afternoon, and because we've had more skips & recoveries than an early model Discman, I decided to pause after Friday's round, appealing for proxy help, which got us to the witching hour with only the 1 casmith528 skip.

I think things worked out alright in the end. Amazing that McSoupy got Chipper in the 12th after all! Quite something....

We seem poised for a big finish here. Thank you folks for discussing the budget constraints many of us are under now. You must pick a stadium and have 4M left, at the end of our 18th round. Let's not forget when you actually autodraft your final 8 that your rosters must be legal by all other SOMO standards, of course.

Hey Yankee! Nice to see you here. I see you are in Ev4, Lg1, so I know I'll get to play you at last there. I was sorely tempted way back when, to join League 11 myself, but I answered teepack's call and decided to stay here and organize the "Dozenth League". I have no doubt that our loyal members here will completely agree that we've been nothing but-- how did you put it again?--

[quote:877e79860d]having a f ing party[/quote:877e79860d]

:shock: :?:

:) :D :lol:
Cubit

Postby kcm0711 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:38 pm

I went out and looked at the field. It is still sprinkling and the tarp is still down. Buehrle is doing belly flops across the tarp and know body cares. The players are starting to move around in the dugout. It looks like the sun is trying to break out from behind the clouds. I feel like the umpire may say "play ball" real soon. God, I love baseball.
kcm0711

Postby casmith528 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:03 pm

im back and picked for my skipped spot.
im up again, and ready to make a pick, but the rain delay is not allowing me to make any future picks.

cas
casmith528

event 4 league 1

Postby PAULMINICUCCI » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:44 pm

Good to hear from you Cubit. Event 4 League 1 looks like a regular group of crazies. Also some damn good players. It will be fun. There is still one slot available.
PAULMINICUCCI

Postby kcm0711 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:06 pm

This must be a tropical storm or something. This has been a crazy long downpour. I wish the Sun would come out.
kcm0711

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship