Let's get the Champions League Off the Ground-check in here

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby james » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:42 pm

spicki ... PM :-)
james

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:11 pm

Okay, pick is done. Riggo is next. I would love to have this baby done today. I think we should make a priority to start the season next monday. We still have to draft and pass the waivers...

cristano re Patterson.:
Centerfielders I had wished to pick up went earlier than I hoped for (Finley, Kotsay, Wells). Looking back at the draft, I guess I could admit that I made an error in drafting Foulke so early, with Kotsay available, but even then, probably Snow---and not Kotsay--would have been the drafted player in round 4, in the hope that Kotsay would make it to round 5. But I really wanted Foulke, and wasn't sure how he was valued in the league. In my opinion, with the stadium I had in mind at that time (either Jacobs or Tropicana), and excepting this league to be heavy in lefty hitting (there are about five-six known lefty-lovers in this league), Foulke and Wagner stand alone among best relievers who can close.

Later, I changed my mind and went for a low-hit, neutral park, where Foulke's edge compared to other closers doesn't become as big. But I still have him as the best valued closer after Wagner in my grid, so I am not disatisfied.

About Wagner... if I got your first two selections all wrong, I got it right for Wagner. When my turn came in round 3, I knew that this was my only chance to grab Wagner. But Walker was available---also a high priority. So I decided to go with Walker, and grab Foulke as soon as I could. And so I did.

Later in the draft, when it became clear that the presence of lefty pitching would be even greater than expected, I decided to grab Patterson. Perhpas I could have grabbed him later, but frankly, with perhaps the exception of C.Gomez, there is not a single player that was drafted who I feel I can't adequately replaced with the options still available.

I am not sure though that I would beneficiate from having another injury-prone player in the field. According to my analysis, with the current team, I already have the job for a 140-game season from a replacement of/dh. Adding Bradley would force me to have another quality of....
MARCPELLETIER

Postby cristano11 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:11 pm

woods, pm
coffee, my pick for mahay let me know
cristano11

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:19 pm

Just love being in a league with Lucky - more thoughtful analysis than I deserve...I wish I could put as much thought into my team as you (and several others as well) do to yours.

Me - it's mostly "Hey, that guy's not picked yet. Can I still get Maddux? What about Merloni? They're gone? Ok, I'll take this guy..."

Something like that...
kaviksdad

Postby cristano11 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:33 pm

lucky-

1. why rolen? there are so many great value 3b that one can get late in drafts... why 11M for a) someone with less than 600 tpa, b) someone lefty heavy c) someone with a range of 1 at a position where range doesnt matter d) someone with tons of bphr that wont even be used by u

2. why walker 3rd round? i can name bunches of platoons that outperform walker hands down, at a position where almost everyone who doesnt have jd drew should be platooning... when i say bunches, i mean bunches...

3. foulke 4th round is too high, ive never seen him go higher than 7th round in a live draft... that said, sure, foulke is nice for ur ballpark, but closers really come down to either wagner or not wagner... a slew of closers will perform equal to foulke, maybe at a tad less relativity, but well worth not wasting a 4th round pick on him...

4. greinke 6th??? enough said there, but still ill say a bit more... there are 4 other RHP in greinkes price range that perform equal to greinke in kauffman, and a slew of others that perform almost as well for his value... none of the sub 2M pitchers are worth a look before round 10... the relativities of some of these pitchers are high, but in terms of total dollar savings, its just not worth blowing a 6th round pick on...

however, i do love the johan pick, the snow pick, the odalis pick, and the trade for everett
cristano11

Postby Coffeeholic » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:34 pm

Cristano, pause when it's your pick and offer the trade... I just want to see the next 3 picks.
Coffeeholic

Postby cristano11 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:36 pm

kaviksdad-
u have drafted the best team in ur division, thus far...
cristano11

Postby Coffeeholic » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:39 pm

LOL! :lol:

Cristano, you drafted all wrong!

1) Schmidt should've gone in round 1, ARod in round 2;

2) Nixon in round 3, and Wagner in round 4;

3) Wells in round 5, Posada in round 6;

4) etc, etc....

:wink:
Coffeeholic

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:56 pm

I really really really hate it when the guy I want is taken directly before me... :evil:
kaviksdad

Postby Coffeeholic » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:07 pm

OK Cristano, made you the trade offer.
Coffeeholic

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship