Event 5, League 5 (NL only) - DRAFT HAS BEGUN

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Woody and I have picked, we are on the move!

Postby dneedle1 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:07 pm

Happy days.
dneedle1

draft time

Postby RAYMONDSTRAWN » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:42 pm

New to the tour, last event for live draft we had two hours to pick, just checking the draft site and it looks like we have one full day to make our picks? Did I miss some change made from last time?
RAYMONDSTRAWN

Postby BOBBYTHOMPSON » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:08 pm

There was no time limit on the first round, so that was the long delay. The two hour clock should be on now. If I'm reading the clock right Sykes time is almost up. But we should all have some respect for the other players. :)
BOBBYTHOMPSON

Postby RAYMONDSTRAWN » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:36 pm

I do not understand the comment about respect, the clock clearly says he has his pick until July 28th 18:15 which is 24 hours after the last pick taken since today is July 27th. It was a statement of confusion, which I excel at. I am concerned about making sure I do not miss my pick or hold up the draft. I don't care when Sykes picks in the next 18 hours before his clock runs out, I do not need as much time, I just need some idea how often to check back. LOL. I am not as well schooled in math as the rest of you guys, :D , I need moments to make my pick. Unfortunately I am not always online for those quck picks. No wonder I lose so much.

:) Both events I got the first pick, how unlucky or lucky is that. I think I should buy a lotto ticket this weekend.

I think you are right, though, and that it is two hours per pick, so I just keep checking back in two hours. I also worry my computer might not be working right, stupid 500mhz processor and aol. Unfortunately my wife is happy with it. Ahh the price we pay to play strato and keep the wife happy.

Again, I reiterate, I have no concern how long others take to make their picks, I just want to make mine in a timely matter. You have confirmed the two hour pick rule and I thank you for that, the clock is just not set right and that is no big deal.
RAYMONDSTRAWN

Postby BOBBYTHOMPSON » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:57 pm

You are right the clock is wrong, maybe it will be fixed in the morning.
As far as the respect thing it was not aimed at anyone, I had just read some post's from some of the other leagues (plus the Smack Room)..... :oops:
BOBBYTHOMPSON

Postby teepack » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:38 am

The clock has been changed to two hours, so everybody needs to have proxies loaded and ready! I don't know why it is showing that Sykes has basically 48 hours to make his pick, though. I hope he gets here quickly.
teepack

Postby Sykes25 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:30 am

I am here and will pick. I respect being skipped if needed due to not being around. Dems da breaks.
Sykes25

Postby Sykes25 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:03 am

P.S. The pick before me was made about 2 am. Clock usually goes from 9 am EST to midnight EST. Odie could have been skipped last night if the clock was right and I coudl have been skipped at 9:15 this morning.

Resman- Have absolutely NO FEAR that you will have to wait for me to pick at this point. Proxies are my friend and I am notorious for pushing people along during a live draft. You can arrange your available pick times around others as you will never have to wait for me. 8)
Sykes25

Postby MICHAELTARBELL » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:40 pm

Woods has been skipped....the draft continues....
MICHAELTARBELL

Postby RAYMONDSTRAWN » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:45 pm

I am lmao at myself. So I set up my proxy and go to bed. Set it to pick Peavy and then Smoltz. Of course, I being a confused rookie, set both picks up for round 2. And of course it takes Peavy but not Smoltz since my next pick was round 3.

I got on ontime to make my third pick, and now know to set proxies for round 0 after reading that wonderful info listed above. Thanks for the help.

This help could back fire on all of you, I might accidentally get good at this thing. 8)
RAYMONDSTRAWN

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship