Event 7, League 6 sign-ups - LEAGUE FULL

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby ironwill1 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:20 pm

Boys,

I 've been patiently waiting to fill this league. Tomrrow my family and I are traveling to Florida for the weekend and I won't have internet access. Can we postpone the draft 'til Sunday night? I won't be able to participate until Monday.

Thanx in advance for your consideration.

Kevin
ironwill1

Postby cummings2 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:29 pm

I've no probs. IW.

Whatever is best for everyone I'll abide by.

C2
cummings2

Postby wavygravy2k » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:54 pm

I'd rather join an auto league than wait three more nights.
wavygravy2k

Postby cummings2 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:34 am

To some extent this is academic, unless Sykes shows up there's nothing we can do.

I was hoping we'd draft by tonight. I'll have to miss the post-waiver mini frenzy :(

So no matter what it's a bummer for me.
cummings2

Postby wavygravy2k » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:59 am

Sykes contributed to some forums yesterday: [url]http://forums-beta.sportingnews.com/search.php?search_author=Sykes25[/url]
wavygravy2k

Postby cummings2 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:03 am

oh yeah, that's for sure. That's why I posted a page in the 80's forum and sent him a league mail.

Whatever, really. This summarizes my experience with the tour.
cummings2

Postby Sykes25 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:14 am

First off, I joined based on the posts paging me in the 80's forums.

Secondly, I am the first one to bitch and moan about folks not paying attention; however, I NEVER received a PT with password information. I joined 5 leagues in the last 48 hours based on my PT's. Every other tour event I have ever played in sends PT's to owners to join. If you send a PT and I don't join in 24 hours after posting, you have a right to complain.

I am typically not a slacker for joining leagues, but I have had 30 minutes a day to read these boards in the last week or two. Sometimes stuff happens.

[quote:1ca48f75d3]Whatever, really. This summarizes my experience with the tour. 11/12ths pretty darn good but that 1/12th is enough to put a sour tone in the experience.[/quote:1ca48f75d3]

Whatever is my sentiments to the above comment.

P.S. I am at a charity event for the rest of the day and will not have access until late this evening. Feel free to bash me if you'd like while I am gone. :wink:
Sykes25

Postby ArrylT » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:36 am

I really don't see a need to blame anyone. What is done is done. Considering we drafted 3/4's of our lineup it is not as if the waivers & post waiver frenzy will mean very much. I am pretty sure every owner did his best to draft & enter their teams as quickly as they could - I know I did.

Berating people might make someone feel better but all it does is burn bridges between owners and make owners less likely to participate in tours & theme leagues in the future.
ArrylT

Postby pacoboy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:38 am

Well, I guess we are full now.

I agree w/ AT - no reason to bash anyone. My "VENTING" was half joking but half serious....but it's over and now we get to play.

....you are all fighting for 1 credit anyway so I guess I shouldn't complain :P
pacoboy

Postby cummings2 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:56 am

Blaming and Bashing?

C'mon guys, anyone who's been with me in leagues knows I am far more likely to be goofy and laughing around rather than throw jabs.

I am not blaming or bashing. Sykes was responding to the comment he quoted. I posted that and edited it out because when I read it afterwards I realized the comment, which was not intended as a jab could be taken as such. So while editing it out Sykes wrote his response.

Unfortunate timing.

I know Sykes is a cool dude. I am in leagues with him and have been in leagues with him.

See, this is what I get for sending league mails, setting up the league posting pages and trying to help... next time I'll go back to my usual quietly helping out by not getting in the way.
cummings2

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship