Event 3, League 4 Sign-ups - LC needed

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby PML97 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:33 am

Scott is back on the clock hopefully he'll find his way back.
PML97

Postby cristano11 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:37 am

Guys-
At this point, we should pause for scottalex
I didn't realize he missed picks 3 and 4. Now it is his pick, we should wait for him to catch up. Hopefully he will pick before 12:30 and this will not be an issue.
cristano11

Postby PML97 » Tue May 23, 2006 10:03 am

I agree we pretty much have to do that. I know everyone is in a hurry and i'd love to get things moving as well but we need to wait for him or replace him. And with rl things who knows what problems he may have. Lets give him some time.
PML97

Postby hk mossy » Tue May 23, 2006 11:04 am

Guys,

I have put the draft on Pause for the time being, until we hear from Scotalex.
hk mossy

Postby abnerdoubleday » Tue May 23, 2006 12:58 pm

I sent him a PM last night, a intra league message this morning and at noon sent him another intra league message in our Tour event #2 league.

I sincerely hope all is ok with scotalex, but what type of cut-off are we going to have before looking for a replacement?

I will be gone all day tomorrow. I have loaded up proxies more than enough to cover my abscence but in case you are looking for a vote tomorrow on what to do, I will go with the majority on whatever the issue is.

Here's hoping scott rejoins us soon though.
abnerdoubleday

Postby JEBTYLER » Tue May 23, 2006 1:22 pm

What time are we on pause until?

I think if he does not respond by 3pm est. We should go ahead. Remember there are 5 of 7 events with the player's championship series.
JEBTYLER

Postby cristano11 » Tue May 23, 2006 1:36 pm

someone should email teepack and ask what protocol is... if he thinks we should replace scotalex at this point, then we can go ahead and do that...
cristano11

Postby abnerdoubleday » Tue May 23, 2006 4:21 pm

I sent Teepack an e-mail asking for his advice on the scotalex situation. I told him that scotalex made a manual pick at midnight Sunday, had a proxy fire Monday at 10:25AM and no activity in the past 30 hours. I informed him that the draft has been halted after three missed picks by him and that I have sent several PM/intra league messages to scotalex since last night.

Hopefully scotalex will rejoin soon (and that all is well with him) and this will not be an issue or at least teepack can give us the tour guideance on this issue.
abnerdoubleday

Stopping The Draft / Jeter Available

Postby DanvilleSwany » Tue May 23, 2006 4:27 pm

hk mossy is following the protocol established in the initial posting to the thread by teepak under "Stopping The Draft". How long is long enough when a player seemingly disappears without word is the tricky part of the judgement call- as one does not want to inadvertently set off a walkout by other managers- for the league commissioner. I agree we don't want to wait forever and it might be time to start looking for a replacement manager that is willing to accept Scotalex initial draft selections and current draft position (i.e. behind by two rounds).

BTW, I posted a message on the Live Draft message board about Jeter being available for trade. Nobody is interested in him? What do you guys collectively know about Jeter that I don't? Is he typically useless (under-performer) and consequently over-priced or is it just that nobody has looked at the live draft message board?
DanvilleSwany

Postby abnerdoubleday » Tue May 23, 2006 4:30 pm

I agree hkmossy is following protocol properly. My question to teepack was about how long do we wait to make the next decision. We clearly had to stop this draft now as scotalex was getting to far behind, but we need to have some idea how long we remain in limbo. :?
abnerdoubleday

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship