Event 5 Q&A

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Event 5 Q&A

Postby wavygravy2k » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:15 pm

Should I wait till August for additional info or can someone provide answers in June?

1. If I want an AL team will I join an AL only league or will this league consist of a mixture of AL/NL teams?
2. If I choose an AL team do I need to choose an AL ballpark?
3. The concept sounds to be pretty simple. If I want an AL team I can only pick players that have an AL team listed in the player card, correct?
wavygravy2k

Postby teepack » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:51 pm

1. If I want an AL team will I join an AL only league or will this league consist of a mixture of AL/NL teams? - AL only teams.
2. If I choose an AL team do I need to choose an AL ballpark? - Yes.
3. The concept sounds to be pretty simple. If I want an AL team I can only pick players that have an AL team listed in the player card, correct? - Yes. The team listed on the player's card determines which league he will be in. Even if he played in both leagues in 2006, he will only be eligible for the league of whichever team is listed on his card.
teepack

Postby teepack » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:31 pm

Both leagues will use the DH
teepack

Just thought of something.

Postby wavygravy2k » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:36 pm

If I pick Johan Santana in the auto-draft but get Andy Pettitte instead I have to drop Pettitte!
wavygravy2k

Don't forget this is a live draft

Postby teepack » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:44 pm

Remember that this is a live draft, so the issues with the draft giving you AL players when you are in an NL league shouldn't be that bad. By the time you finish your 17 rounds of the player draft, there won't be much left but scrubs any way.
teepack

Postby IM Bacchus » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:39 am

Would it make sense in this one particular format, to go with a live draft all the way through the 25 man roster? With 17 picks, that leaves almost a third of the roster vulnerable to mis-picks.

I'm somewhat suprised that the National League is going to use the DH as well. In Tour Event 4, which is playing without the DH, I've noticed that the NL teams in 2006 are really stacked with versatile platoon players. Likewise, the pitching staffs seem to have deeper bullpens. It would seem to me that we might get a better game out of NL leagues with no DH.

Just thinking out loud,
IM Bacchus
IM Bacchus

Postby colorado99 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:45 am

just a question but why no auction in the tour this time? A great format.

MR ALOU
colorado99

Postby Stoney18 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:25 am

Alou, I'm guessing that when the Tour was being put together it was unclear whether Penn's site would be available. While a live draft can be done on the boards and auction would be extremely difficult.
Stoney18

Rethinking the NL DH question for teepack

Postby Cubit » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:47 pm

[quote:396d76225a="IM Bacchus"]Would it make sense in this one particular format, to go with a live draft all the way through the 25 man roster? With 17 picks, that leaves almost a third of the roster vulnerable to mis-picks.

I'm somewhat suprised that the National League is going to use the DH as well. In Tour Event 4, which is playing without the DH, I've noticed that the NL teams in 2006 are really stacked with versatile platoon players. Likewise, the pitching staffs seem to have deeper bullpens. It would seem to me that we might get a better game out of NL leagues with no DH.

Just thinking out loud,
IM Bacchus[/quote:396d76225a]

I absolutely agree with you on this one IM Bacchus. And this is coming from someone who likes the DH and is normally an AL fan.... With more clubs to chose from, and clubs tailored in MLB to play by NL rules, the mix here will be rather odd. Is it too late to consider NL no-DH?

It would also be a VERY wise policy to do the 25 man draft (we could do it with proxies, NL only or AL only very easily.) Teepack, what do you think?
Cubit

Next

Return to --- Player's Championship