Help needed on drafting ballparks

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Help needed on drafting ballparks

Postby kcm0711 » Sun May 21, 2006 3:14 pm

About when do most players draft a park? I know it is important. But when? This is my first live draft.

Thanks
kcm0711

Postby RAYMONDSTRAWN » Sun May 21, 2006 5:32 pm

Depends on which park you want? Take for instance someone who drafts two LT starters right away, he might be looking for a one sided ballpark like the one in Texas. That would have to be taken earlier than say an average ballpark. There are at least four average ballparks. It helps to look at what someone has already had. It is pure timing, if you covet a ballpark. Someone like me, has 8-10 ballparks that would fit my need so I could wait until my last pick. For small ball, only cleveland, kansas city, and san diego are available. If that is your plan, you might have to go a little higher, but at least you know I already had cleveland. Most managers do not know how to win in a small ball park but that does not stop them from trying.

Some managers like to wait until they have the players to play in that ballpark. That is wise. For instance, Clemens, Harden, Willis, Burnett, Duke, Glavine, and Lackey are the only quality to good starters with no diamonds on their cards. There are plenty with only 1. No diamonds would be wise to get for starters if you are aiming for high diamond ballpark, but if you can't get them, you might change your mind on your ballpark.

Finally, if there is one and only one ballpark you want, I would not wait until 14th round to get it. Might be interesting to note if 8 out of top 10 hitters drafted are right handed. Getting a ballpark that favors RT homeruns might be in demand.
RAYMONDSTRAWN

Return to --- Player's Championship