Live draft could be fun!!! INPUT Please

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Live draft could be fun!!! INPUT Please

Postby STEVENHOLMAN » Wed May 24, 2006 4:24 pm

The live draft could be fun if everyone was committed to pick when it is their turn. We're in the second round and so far it is nothing but frustration. Just needed to vent. Any input is welcomed!!!

Should we be skipping the person that is not ready? Will this cause them to quit? We have been giving them a couple hours past the time their turn is up. I say when their time is up it's up and they can pick when they check in.
STEVENHOLMAN

Postby maligned » Wed May 24, 2006 4:28 pm

Make sure everyone in your league knows how to set proxies. Beyond that, once the 2-hour timer is up, you're supposed to move on. Usually, people don't fall too far behind because there is enough delay from multiple people that entire rounds don't pass people by. Once a person's pick is past, they can come back any time and enter the pick...they just missed the opportunity to have the priority they were supposed to have.
maligned

Postby STEVENHOLMAN » Wed May 24, 2006 4:38 pm

I tried to set a proxie and it doesn't work. I've tried several times and it just isn't working. Maybe some other people think they set theirs up and it didn't work for them.
STEVENHOLMAN

Postby maligned » Wed May 24, 2006 4:59 pm

When you're setting proxies, make sure you click on "yes" next the question "are your proxies on?", then click the "change status" tab to actually activate the proxies. Also, be sure to read through the instructions again. They've been working fine in our league.
maligned

Postby STEVENHOLMAN » Wed May 24, 2006 5:04 pm

I already tried that, but I will try again. I have a feeling the 2 that are failing to pick right now, think they set proxies and they didn't work as both just picked earlier today and knew they would be up soon.

Midget
STEVENHOLMAN

Postby Assmeriten » Wed May 24, 2006 6:43 pm

The league I'm in is still in round 1 so congrats on being on round in 2. We are not using a time limit for round 1 then it looks like we will be using the 2 hour limit the rest of the way. As far as I can tell I have proxies set. Course being my 1st live draft who knows if I have them set right. :?
Assmeriten

Postby STEVENHOLMAN » Wed May 24, 2006 7:12 pm

I was told you can see your proxies if they are set right. I must still be doing something wrong. I've tried several different things. I can say I should be near a computer through all this unless something happens beyond my control.
STEVENHOLMAN

Postby Assmeriten » Wed May 24, 2006 7:26 pm

I can see them so must be doing something right. The harderst part is entering the players id number also remember if a player you have as proxy is taken then he vanishes from your proxy list.

Had to go back and make some strategy changes as I forgot this is $80 mil cap and not $100 mil cap like I have been used to :)

Though I still would have taken ARod 1st if I had number 1 pick. I didn't but he did go number 1.
Assmeriten

Postby STEVENHOLMAN » Wed May 24, 2006 7:48 pm

Remember with your pick you can only spend $76 Mil.

Midget
STEVENHOLMAN

Postby Assmeriten » Wed May 24, 2006 8:29 pm

Yup another reason I had to go back and make some changes. Ciurse we are still on rnd 1 so who knows if we ever see rnd 2 let alone round 18.
Assmeriten

Next

Return to --- Player's Championship