NEED RULES CLARIFICATION ASAP...

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

NEED RULES CLARIFICATION ASAP...

Postby maligned » Wed May 31, 2006 11:17 am

An owner in our league drafted Jon Garland in our live draft. He did not include Garland on his auto draft card. Obviously, Penn's site wasn't working great, so we don't know if this was an honest mistake by the owner or not. The owner was able to use some of his cash to pick up other players in the auto draft. Anyway, Garland is an available free agent going into waivers this afternoon. Are other managers permitted to place claims on Garland, or is Garland still the property of the original owner until after waivers? Someone please clarify...waivers will roll in 5 hours.
maligned

Postby cummings2 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:28 am

I would place the waiver. Drafting doesn't grant rights to the players throughout the season. If, however, the owner expressly points out his mistake and want to get him in waivers then I'd cut him some slack, but otherwise I'd draft him.

Probably I would contact that specific manager and double check with him...but in 5 hours...who knows.

Good luck Mal.
cummings2

Postby kaviksdad » Wed May 31, 2006 11:41 am

From the official rules:

5) The live drafts will consist of 18 rounds, which includes stadium (which can be picked at any time during the draft). The last eight players will be determined through the TSN autodraft engine. All live drafts will be conducted using Penngray’s software. When filling out your draft cards, please rank your eight non-drafted players first, then your 17 drafted players. All players taken during the live draft must be on your autodraft card. Failure to do so will result in a penalty of 10 Tour points for each player.

The 10-point penalty can be avoided if the manager does ALL of the following:

A) Announce his mistake to the league via a message to every manager in the league and then proclaim his intention to pick the player back up during waivers. He must do this by 9 p.m. ET on the night after the draft runs (i.e., the day BEFORE the waivers process).
B) Cut his most expensive non-live drafted player prior to 12 p.m. ET on the day waivers are scheduled to run.
C) Use his first waiver claim on the player he left off his draft card; if he decides to release a player in conjunction with this claim, the player he releases must be one of the additional eight players he picked up during the autodraft and cannot be one of the players he selected in the live draft. In addition, he must announce which player he will be releasing so that every manager will be aware that this player will be in the free agent pool immediately after the waivers conclude.

If a manager leaves two players he live drafted off his draft card, he must follow each of the steps above for BOTH players he did not draft, which means he has to cut his two most expensive non-live drafted players by 12 p.m. ET on the day waivers are scheduled to run AND use his first two waiver picks to pick up his live drafted players.

If a manager leaves three or more players he live drafted off his draft card, he is fined 10 points per player more than 2, assuming he adheres to A and B in this section. If a manager chooses not to do ALL OF THE ABOVE, he will be penalized 10 points off his Tour point total for EACH player he left off his draft card and did not pick back up during waivers.

In addition, if you mistakenly autodraft a player that belongs to another manager, you must trade him back to the rightful manager PRIOR to waivers. Failure to do so will result in a penalty of 10 Tour points.
kaviksdad

Postby maligned » Wed May 31, 2006 1:21 pm

The problem is...Penn's site was down. No one had access to the information about our draft. We were left to try to remember who we drafted until today.
maligned

Postby LMBombers » Wed May 31, 2006 1:32 pm

I would do like Cummings said. Send a league message to all teams in the league and ask that owner about Garland. Go ahead and set a waiver claim for him. If you don't hear back from that owner prior to waivers then he is fair game IMO. If that owner did not put him on his AD card or on his waiver list then he really has no right to claim him at that point.
LMBombers

Postby maligned » Wed May 31, 2006 2:48 pm

Thanks for the input, guys. I've let our league know your feedback so people can claim the player if they want.
maligned

Return to --- Player's Championship