Non DH league

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Non DH league

Postby Mythical Birds » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:50 pm

I'm interested in non-DH league if DRSchmitz will share password. Thanks
Mythical Birds

Postby voovits » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:59 pm

You'll be much better off if you create a non-passworded one of your own.

Even if you get the password for that, you'll need 10 other managers who'll have to ask for the password before it will fill. At least a public league could fill without people having to inquire about a password.

Either way though, it'll take some time to fill up.

I'd join you, but I'm still sick to my stomach over that complete meltdown I had. I could have easily won the whole thing.
voovits

Postby Mythical Birds » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Thanks I did so and appreciate the advice. My meltdown came in the playoffs when opponent lost Reggie for last three games but he won two right away and eliminated me. I appreciate all your thoughts and acknowledge that you had a far better team than me but a plethora of bad luck.
Mythical Birds

Postby voovits » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Didn't mean to make it sound like your team was garbage.
Even when I was 37-50 and 14 games out of first place, my expected W/L was at or around .500. However, I clearly was not one of the front runners as my offense was just pathetic. It was when I dumped Bradley for Lezcano and had noticed that Chris Bando was still a free agent and pounced on the opportunity to grab him, that my team really took off.
It was after these moves, in combination with getting Howe and Reynolds that I became, in my opinion, the best team in the league. I had my chance to prove it too. When I was 83-73 (which by then my expected W/L was around 93-94 wins I think) and in the lead by one game, I was already figuring out matchups for the first round of the playoffs. I was one game up on you, and had the tiebreaker, and I was 2 games up on the next highest team, without the tiebreaker.
Both teams gave me every opportunity to claim a playoff spot. It worked out that all I had to do was win one lousy stinking game and I would have clinched a spot. But a collapse of New York Met proportions prevented me from winning any of my last 6 games and you won the division by 2 games and I lost the wildcard on a tiebreaker to a team that had beaten me early in the season when I had a lousy team.

I blame nobody but myself, I could have easily made the Lezcano/Bando moves much earlier. Bradley had gotten off to a good start, so I stuck with him a little too long.

Anyway, sorry for trailing off to a vent about the team. As you can see, I'm still not over the loss. You had a worthy team, I'm not downing your team or any other team from the league, I'm just upset at my own failures. I haven't been able to win anything in strat for a while now and this just added to the frustration exponentially.
voovits

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s