DDDF 82 team draft - Time to load teams

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Postby BC Manager » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 pm

As I 'm one of the guys holding things up, I hope you're not questioning my commitment. :wink: Unfortunately, my credit card's maxed so it will be at least Monday before I can get in. Sorry for my delay.

I share the concern about people's participation in this and the other decade league I run. My intention is after the current seasons, to check in with everyone to find out their commitment level. I may be suggesting some owners bow out at that time. There are many who would love to be in these leagues and I would like to give some that opportunity if others are into it.
BC Manager

Postby YountFan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:51 pm

BC, It is just me and my silly complaints from time to time. LM straightened me out.

It seems to me that we are in the "been there, done that" rut. These decade theme are going on the second generation and while they are a great theme, it seems like a big do-over to me in many ways.

I am not sure I really want to go from 1975-1999. Think about that. 25 years, 8 weeks per year MIN (200 weeks = two years). When you add in the pre and post seasons and the draft it is more likely closer to three years. I am OK with the current 80's moving into the 90's because it will be new, but think about when the 70's league moves to the 80's it will the third time though the theme.

Its the same thing with the double/double (or will it be the double/triple).

I am not sure how committed I am to SOM these days.
YountFan

Postby LMBombers » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Third time through? I'm only familiar with two decade league themes. Are you lumping in the team decade league too? I think that one is very different.

YF, how can you be losing enthusiasm when a brand new mystery card game is on the horizon? You made a comment to me recently that you are not excited about the 90's because you stopped watching baseball and therefore don't know the players. SOM cards are SOM cards no matter if they are from the ATG days, the 60's, 80,s or whatever. The game is fun no matter if you watched a particular player play baseball or not. I never saw Tris Speaker play but it sure is cool to look at his SOM card. :D
LMBombers

Postby YountFan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:33 pm

I am cool with the 90's...looking forward to it.

By the third time through I mean...for the 80's we are in out second go though the decade and when the DD 70's get there it will be the third.
YountFan

Postby LMBombers » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Thats true. I now remember that we did the first decade league with just the 80's before there even was a 70's game. That seems years ago. Wait a minute.....I think it was years ago. :lol:
LMBombers

Postby BC Manager » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:18 pm

I'm in. AD will run within minutes. Thanks for your patience.
BC Manager

Postby YountFan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:32 am

What ans interesting AD these are with everyone loading up on Mariners and Rangers
YountFan

Player

Postby YountFan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:36 pm

80'sPlayers by team and year

Right click on link below and select Save Target As...

[url=http://JNKLOSTER.home.comcast.net/80s_Players_by_Year_Team.xls]80s_Players_by_Year_Team.xls[/url]
YountFan

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s