Newbie Mystery Card Q

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Newbie Mystery Card Q

Postby Soup_Zahn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:57 pm

When a player is released back into the free agent market, does he keep the same card? In other words, if he had a bad card for his first team, if he is picked up by a 2nd team, does he keep is bad card, or is there a chance he randomly gets a different card?

On that same issue, am I missing something, or does a free agents stats disappear when he is released? That doesn't make any sense. Seems as a manager I should know how the player had been playing all season. Maybe I can and just don't know how to do it

Thanks, Soup
Soup_Zahn

Postby LMBombers » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:24 pm

All players keep the same card all season no matter if they are dropped and picked up again or not.

You can see the simulated stats that player had on the player card if that player has been on a team earlier in the season. What you can't see are the splits vs LH or RH pitcher or hitter, only the cumulative stats.
LMBombers

Postby wesleyeugeneclark » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:55 pm

Maybe I am not understanding this correctly, but if you go to the team page of the free agent's former team you can see the left right splits and home road splits (good to know if the stats are from a hitters park or pitchers park)....you just have to click the hiding players link on the top right corner....
wesleyeugeneclark

Postby LMBombers » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Good point wesley. This is a new feature that I haven't gotten used to yet. :)
LMBombers

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s