where are HBP & Sac stats?

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

where are HBP & Sac stats?

Postby mai_kingdra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Other than the league leaders, is it possible to view a player's HBP, sac fly, or sac bunt sim stats?

Just wondering if I'm missing something, or why they are not available.

Thanks,
Mike
mai_kingdra

Postby LMBombers » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:35 pm

sac stats are in the team fielding stats area. HBP are not recorded.
LMBombers

Postby mai_kingdra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks for the reply...but the team fielding stats don't show any personal stats. Yes, it's in the box scores, but that only helps so much. I'm sure you'll agree that most, if not all, SOM players are into stats, and with an online system like this, I don't see any reason why more stats are not available. Maybe not on the main screen, but you should be able to see them somewhere.
mai_kingdra

Postby phillyhemp » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:50 pm

"On line stats" would conflict with the idea of the mystery card. I suppose they could have a page listing flyouts, groundouts, and such, but any more specific would disclose facts/frequency. That would compel me to spend even more hours combing over cards looking for the card with the most popouts to 1B!
phillyhemp

Postby mai_kingdra » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:36 am

When I say "on line stats", I'm just referring to SOM online, not a more detailed box score. All I'm suggesting are the displaying of the cumulative totals and splits for the info contained in the "game reports". As a sotfware engineer, I could write a program to do it, but why should I have to.
mai_kingdra

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s