HAL strikes again! Why even have "quick hook"?

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

HAL strikes again! Why even have "quick hook"?

Postby Larryrickenbacker » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Howdy,

This evening, my closer Jim Ray (70s league, ya'll) was allowed to blow a 5 run lead in the 9th by our hero HAL. Ray's having his best card. I've other good left and righty pitchers in my pen who've demonstrated thier worthiness.
I [i:da788ff8ad]also[/i:da788ff8ad] indicated "quick hook" on the back of Ray's card to prevent this type of blown save, or at least reduce the liklihood.Can anything be done to prevent HAL from blowing big leads with a fairly deep and good bullpen at his disposal?
Larryrickenbacker

Postby pyramid1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:55 am

there is no end to HAL and his comedy relief. I've had my fair share of conflicts with his humor and have grown very tired with trying to figure it out.
pyramid1

Postby The Senators » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:53 am

I looked at the game in question and unfortunately 4 of the runs were on one swing against Steve Yeager. In other words, with a different roll of the dice, so to speak, you could have had a double play and been out of the inning in good shape. Check your other managerial settings. Maybe you have Ray set as your closer vs. righties and closer usage set to "maximize"...If so, maybe "poor old Jimmy Ray" may need to take a seat farther down the bullpen bench.
The Senators

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s