THE SYSTEM - MINORS/MAJORS FULL - replacement needed

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Postby wesleyeugeneclark » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:10 am

I picked. I wasn't home and the proxy won't work if the person in front of you is skipped.
wesleyeugeneclark

Postby BC Manager » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:32 am

The clock is set for 1-hour starting in the morning. As Wes pointed out, you can only skip people by picking manually. Proxies won't fire when someone's time runs out. So if you want to keep things moving, try to check in regularly even if you've got proxies set.

Don't let me sound like a nag. This has actually been a very smooth and enjoyable draft. I'm quite looking forward to getting the games started (and then drafting in the 80s).
BC Manager

Postby djkalle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Simpson!!! Hey, I wanted him in round 55 and he goes three picks before me!
djkalle

Postby djkalle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:14 pm

I pick Jerry Terrell but SOM draft will not let me pick. It says jsam's time has expired but jablowmi is picking.
djkalle

Postby Hakmusic » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:27 am

BC - a couple of questions:

Is there any set division order, or is it fill as you are?
If not, should we start up the leagues and start getting teams in as we finish the draft? at this point, everyone has enough players for 2 teams, and this might help us fill this week.

Can you trade a ballpark between seasons? I am primarily thinking about when we move to 80's or move to 90's and stadiums and team makeups change. I know you can drop a stadium and draft a new one, but can we trade them?
Hakmusic

Postby djkalle » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:44 am

I think the rules said the ballpark has to stay as the major league and minor league parks, no switching.
djkalle

Postby bigdinkent » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:11 am

HAK, the divisions are set and are listed on page 6.

... now that the draft is almost over, I'm wondering what I'll do with all my spare time??? Maybe I'll go see how John Boccabella is doing for my class A farm team.
bigdinkent

Postby BC Manager » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:22 am

[quote:4754573edf="Hakmusic"]BC - a couple of questions:

Is there any set division order, or is it fill as you are?
If not, should we start up the leagues and start getting teams in as we finish the draft? at this point, everyone has enough players for 2 teams, and this might help us fill this week.[/quote:4754573edf]

EAST (1,4,7,10)
cshannajr
Big Alric
BC
djkalle

CENTRAL (2,5,8,11)
sphilipp
bigdinkent
jsam
Yountfan

WEST (3,6,9,12)
Wesley
Hak
Jablowmi
Canauscot

The minor leagues division will be just based on the order everyone enters - no set divisions. I will post more about the start of the league, today. As I'm in the East, I'll set up the league (shortly).

[quote:4754573edf]
Can you trade a ballpark between seasons? I am primarily thinking about when we move to 80's or move to 90's and stadiums and team makeups change. I know you can drop a stadium and draft a new one, but can we trade them?[/quote:4754573edf]

From the rules:

BALLPARKS

Ball parks will be drafted in the initial 70s draft. As there are 24 parks, all will be drafted. Teams can wait until after the draft to determine which park will be their Major league park and which will be their Minor league park. These will remain your Major/Minor parks throughout future seasons -- or at least the parks that belong to that Real Life MLB team will be. For example, if you draft Jarry Park (Expos) and make it your major league park in the 70s, Olympic will be your Major league park in the 80s.

The exception to this will be regarding the expansion team parks that will be introduced in the 80s and 90s (don't know which ones will be in the 90s, yet). During the 80s draft, you can draft Exhibition or Kingdome and then drop of your parks (must declare which park you're dropping as soon as you draft the new park). The park you drop will then be available to be drafted by a team in that same draft who will then have to declare what park their dropping, and so on... If you want the new park to be your Major league park, you must drop your Major league park, and vice-versa.
BC Manager

Postby BC Manager » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:53 am

As I alluded to above, I will set up the Major league today. It will be a $100 million-cap, no-waiver league (there's no need to have a waiver draft since there's no free agents).

Someone else can set up the Minor league. It should be an 80-mill cap, also no waivers. I will likely enter it last to make sure both leagues start at the same time.

My questions for the group: any ideas on what to call the respective leagues? I was thinking the major could be "The Show" but don't have a comparable name for the minor league.

Also, I'll remind you to make sure your two teams are 'located' in the state you picked at the beginning -- a major city for the major team and a smaller city for the minors.
BC Manager

Postby Hakmusic » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Sorry, to clarify my ballpark question. I meant can we trade ball parks with another manager. Say we get to the 80's game and I am interested in changing my minor league park and so is another manager. rather than dropping it and picking up a stadium, can the other manager and I agree to trade parks?
Hakmusic

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s