Problems executing a trade. HELP!

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Problems executing a trade. HELP!

Postby BDWard » Sun May 31, 2009 1:36 pm

I've been trying to make a trade with another league member. There are no roster size or cash availability issues. However, the "accept trade" button does not appear on either of our screens, but all other buttons such as "decline", "reply" and "make counter-offer" appear. Also, in the interim, I've had other offers where the "accept trade" button always appeared, so it's not a problem with my computer or the game engine. Since last night's games ended, we've sent this trade back and forth at least a half dozen times, in the hope that the "accept trade" button will appear, without success. 2 of the players coming back to me are players that I traded to the other team 6 games (2 nights) ago, but I've since made 2 more trades and my situation has changed, so I'd like the 2 players back. Is it possible that this could be causing the problem? We'd like the trade to go through in time for tonight's games. I've used the "contact us" link to ask for help with the problem, but haven't heard anything back yet. Does anybody out there in the community have an explanation/answer for this problem. As usual, your insightful comments are welcome and greatly appreciated.
BDWard

Postby LMBombers » Sun May 31, 2009 2:59 pm

contact us probably won't work till Monday as they are likely out of the office till then. Are any of the players catcher elligible which wouldn't leave at least 2 catchers on each roster after the trade? Any other illegal trades that would make either roster below minimum requirements with pitchers, number of hitters, etc?
LMBombers

Postby BDWard » Sun May 31, 2009 3:25 pm

LM: Thanks for your keen insight & input. There are no problems such as going below the minimum number of pitchers or catchers. Besides, on such deals where there is a roster rule violation or a lack of cash I believe that there is usually a warning that specifies the violation that will need to be cured before the trade can be made. The only possible thing that I can think of is that since I had some of the players a few days earlier that there might be a restriction on how soon I could reacquire those players from the same team to which they were originally traded to prevent any type of collusion, but collusion is clearly not the case here. We have been discussing a deal involving one of the players since right after the draft, even before the games began and the players involved clearly address the needs of each team. I'm really at a loss here. Maybe this is divine intervention from the Strato gods to prevent me from dealing myself out of the playoff race! Anybody have any ideas or suggestions as to how to make this deal happen?
BDWard

Postby Panzer ace » Sun May 31, 2009 4:25 pm

What about the number of SP or RP on either team? If you dont see the accept button, the trade is invalid for some reason. Who are the players involved?
Panzer ace

Postby BDWard » Sun May 31, 2009 5:17 pm

Panzer Ace, thank you for your comments. I'm trading an outfielder for another outfielder and starting pitcher. I took another hard look at the deal based on your comments, and my trading partner right now has 6 starting pitchers, so no problem there, as he would have 5 starting pitchers left. However, he has only 4 relievers, so his staff would have just 9 pitchers left, below the minimum of 10. DUH! I should have caught that. PROBLEM SOLVED! I'm surprised that there was no warning from Strato about the staff shortage. Oh well, now maybe we can make the deal in time for tonight's games. Thanks again for all your help.
BDWard

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s